The Student Room Group

Gap year and applying to USA

Hi, I’m thinking about taking a gap year. I originally only applied to UK universities however I didn’t get my top choices. So I’ve been considering a gap year. However, I’ve also been thinking about applying to USA. I initially wasn’t drawn to it because I didn’t think I had a strong enough extracurricular resume. However, I feel like I can definitely explore some of my passions like tennis and other extracurriculars like volunteering over this gap year. So, I’m just wondering. Is a gap year a good idea if I’m also thinking of applying to the US? I’m thinking about applying to top US unis, obviously not like Harvard and whatever though but good unis
yeah go for it! Make sure you have other choices though just in case, but hopefully it shouldn't be a problem unless your applying for a highly competitive program.
Original post by Anonymous
yeah go for it! Make sure you have other choices though just in case, but hopefully it shouldn't be a problem unless your applying for a highly competitive program.

Yea of course, UK is still my main priority but USA is something I’m thinking of exploring.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending