The Student Room Group

GCSE revision recourses

Hi! In Y9 at the moment, butttt I want to get start on my revision to make it easier for myself during GCSE time.

What websites, apps, YT channels are most helpful for each subject?
Original post by ab.abhr
Hi! In Y9 at the moment, butttt I want to get start on my revision to make it easier for myself during GCSE time.

I'd recommend PMT as they have exam questions organised by topic area.
What I did was as I went through year 10 and 11 as I completed each topic I would og on PMT and answer all the questions of that topic-alongside other revision as well.
They don't have that many exam boards and subjects but is still extremely useful.
Also starting now is definitely the way to go!
Reply 2
Original post by Greenhouse999
I'd recommend PMT as they have exam questions organised by topic area.
What I did was as I went through year 10 and 11 as I completed each topic I would og on PMT and answer all the questions of that topic-alongside other revision as well.
They don't have that many exam boards and subjects but is still extremely useful.
Also starting now is definitely the way to go!

Thank you! I’ll definitely give that a go.
Reply 3
Original post by ab.abhr

Definitely look at the specification of the subjects you chose eg. if you chose ocr computer science, look at the specification and find channels/websites that can help.
I would say, since your just in y9, go over learnt topics and use MathsTutor or Cognito for maths, science.
You could do past papers just by looking at the official websites but you don't really need to right now. Maybe do small revision eg. 5 a day corbettmaths and maybe just read through the books your going to read next year, eg. An Inspector Calls
Reply 4
Original post by ab.abhr

seneca!!!!! for stem, its soo good for learning content and also for active recall. and science shorts of YT, they do videos covering the whole of each paper in around 20-30 mins great for night b4 revision
primrose kitten on yt
thelightuphub for english - cant reccomend enough
corbett maths
past papers!! so important even if u dont do them just skim through the mark schemes to get used to the termonology you should be using

well done for starting to prepare so early itll defo make ur life easier in yr11 wish i took it seriously in yr9 lol
Reply 5
Original post by lxh008
seneca!!!!! for stem, its soo good for learning content and also for active recall. and science shorts of YT, they do videos covering the whole of each paper in around 20-30 mins great for night b4 revision
primrose kitten on yt
thelightuphub for english - cant reccomend enough
corbett maths
past papers!! so important even if u dont do them just skim through the mark schemes to get used to the termonology you should be using
well done for starting to prepare so early itll defo make ur life easier in yr11 wish i took it seriously in yr9 lol

ahahaa! thank youu sm 💗
Reply 6
Original post by ab.abhr

im in year 11 and my biggest regret was starting late so well done
if i was you for now id make notes/flash cards on things, and when doing so use the spec as a guidance

Quick Reply

Latest