The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Does International History at LSE have a corporate, competitive culture?

I've got an offer for International History there, but recently what I've heard of LSE of being corporate and competitive really puts me off. For anyone doing International History there, what is the culture in the department like, and is it like the rest of LSE?
Original post by Christopherlus
I've got an offer for International History there, but recently what I've heard of LSE of being corporate and competitive really puts me off. For anyone doing International History there, what is the culture in the department like, and is it like the rest of LSE?
When did you get your offer?
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by Christopherlus

LSE History first year here. I was very concerned about this but in hindsight I think it's fine. Just like in school, you pick the kinds of people you want to be with. And honestly, the history dept is one of the more chill ones. imo if you're not in management/finance/econ/law, all the other depts r chill. Don't think I regret my choice in the slightest, if anything it's good to be in an uncomfortable environment (for me, as I am quite externally motivated).

That's not to say that you shouldn't engage in the career side of things - after all that's the kind of advantage people would kill for. But yeah, its okay not to be a finance bro
Original post by tirdofthings
LSE History first year here. I was very concerned about this but in hindsight I think it's fine. Just like in school, you pick the kinds of people you want to be with. And honestly, the history dept is one of the more chill ones. imo if you're not in management/finance/econ/law, all the other depts r chill. Don't think I regret my choice in the slightest, if anything it's good to be in an uncomfortable environment (for me, as I am quite externally motivated).
That's not to say that you shouldn't engage in the career side of things - after all that's the kind of advantage people would kill for. But yeah, its okay not to be a finance bro

Perfect thanks so much for the help! Out of interest, what is accommodation lie?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending