The Student Room Group
Kingston University
Kingston University
Kingston upon Thames

Gap year freshers at Kingston

Hi!! I applied for Kingston sept 2024 entry and this will be my first time back in school since ab like a year. I'm an international student applying from America! Im 20 now and by the end of the year I'll be 21. I just wanted to see if there were any other 20yos also going to Kingston in the fall. I know the age gap between 20 and 18 isn't a lot at all but I thought it would be nice to meet some people in similar situations. I would love to know some people and make some friends online before starting <3
Original post by sofimb
Hi!! I applied for Kingston sept 2024 entry and this will be my first time back in school since ab like a year. I'm an international student applying from America! Im 20 now and by the end of the year I'll be 21. I just wanted to see if there were any other 20yos also going to Kingston in the fall. I know the age gap between 20 and 18 isn't a lot at all but I thought it would be nice to meet some people in similar situations. I would love to know some people and make some friends online before starting <3

Hi @sofimb

Wow! Two of my friends here at Kingston are from America and they are super happy here. Definitely don't worry about your age, a big chunk of my course were a year or a few older and everyone finds it totally normal. You wouldn't be able to tell unless they said!

Everyone is really friendly here and would definitely welcome you, no matter the age! We have a lot of mature students here too which are age 30+.

I hope this makes you feel better and we can't wait to meet you in September!

-Yasmin (Kingston Rep)
Kingston University
Kingston University
Kingston upon Thames

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending