The Student Room Group
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath

What happens if i dont manage to find housing for second yr?- Uni of Bath

Hi so ive been house searching since december tbh and havent had any luck, my group always fell through or the houses i'd go see would already be reserved... so now the yr is ending in a couple weeks and i still havent secured a place for next yr :frown: I was just wondering if house searching over the summer break is rlly a thing in bath and what happens if the second yr comes and me and my group havent rlly found anything.. the uni doesnt seem to provide much support tbh ive sent multiple emails and they werent much help. Are we just homeless for next yr or do landlords continue posting new properties over the summer too? T-T I've been rlly stressing with this paired with assignments coming up its a lot to deal with.
Reply 1
oh also its just getting harder to look cos all the websites are basically empty now lol
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath
Reply 3
thank you 🙂 the 1 bed and ensuits are way out of my budget but i'll look into the room share
Your best bet is to look on Facebook groups for people who are looking for someone to take their room or for a spare people. I highly doubt you’ll find an landlords advertising this late in the year and wouldn’t risk waiting.
Attachment not found
Attachment not found
hi, my house has a spare room going that we need filling, message me if you're interested! 🙂
Original post by chaarloottee
hi, my house has a spare room going that we need filling, message me if you're interested! 🙂

wait actually ive only just made this account so i cant PM haha, just reply on here if you are :smile:
Reply 7

Hii yes i'm interested 🙂 are you a student too? i was wondering how much is the rent for the house?
Original post by sylvaticia
Hii yes i'm interested 🙂 are you a student too? i was wondering how much is the rent for the house?

Yeah I am 🙂 its a 6-bed and rent is £219 pppw, bills included
Reply 9
Original post by Anonymous
Your best bet is to look on Facebook groups for people who are looking for someone to take their room or for a spare people. I highly doubt you’ll find an landlords advertising this late in the year and wouldn’t risk waiting.
Attachment not found
Attachment not found

i got an offer for a house now but thanks 🙂 its a bit above my budget but i'll figure it out lol. i was wondering tho there seem to be quite a few students still without housing what happens to students who dont find anything by the next academic yr?
i got an offer for a house now but thanks 🙂 its a bit above my budget but i'll figure it out lol. i was wondering tho there seem to be quite a few students still without housing what happens to students who dont find anything by the next academic yr?

You’d either have to find some sort of temporary accommodation (air bnb, hotel) until people start having rooms to take over once the term begins or I guess you could take a year out. There is not enough uni owned accommodation for incoming first years as is so I can’t see anyone being offered that
Reply 11
Original post by Anonymous
You’d either have to find some sort of temporary accommodation (air bnb, hotel) until people start having rooms to take over once the term begins or I guess you could take a year out. There is not enough uni owned accommodation for incoming first years as is so I can’t see anyone being offered that

oh damn, there r just quite a few ppl ik who still dont have a house lol so im surpirsed thats the only option tbh... but properties become available at the begining of term?
oh damn, there r just quite a few ppl ik who still dont have a house lol so im surpirsed thats the only option tbh... but properties become available at the begining of term?

I mean it’s not down to the uni to find people somewhere to live haha. Yeah people always drop out and stuff so look for people to take over rooms. Lots come out for people to takeover in January cause of half year placements like business.
Reply 13
the house i got an offer for somehow fell through :') its not looking good for me lol
Reply 14
Yeah I am 🙂 its a 6-bed and rent is £219 pppw, bills included

how long is the tenancy and when's the availablity date?

Quick Reply