The Student Room Group

adara's lil gyg journey ๐Ÿคญ

ok so i wanted to join the gyg thing- i'm not really sure how this works but i'm here now so ๐Ÿ’€.

gcses are in like what, 17 days (LMAO) and the stress has NOT sunk in for me yet. i have no idea why. i have my art exam on the 2nd and 3rd of may, but that's not really like a stressful subject as long as i finish all my prep work (which is due by the end of this week ๐Ÿ˜ญ)

so my most recently predicted grades:

art: 9
biology: 9
chemistry: 8 (that must be a scam because i'm telling you me and chemistry are not friends whatsoever)
economics: 8 (i would probably be content with a 7 though- but we aiming high still)
english language: 8
english lit: 8
history: 7
maths: 6 (i am TRYING but this subject just has some sort of chokehold on me)
physics: 7
sociology: 8

i'm pretty happy with these grades, i do want to try and just do the best i can. i wanna be realistic in my achievements and i don't think imma get straight 9s BUT i would want to get at least a 6 or 7 in the subjects i find the hardest (eg maths and history). any tips for revising these subjects i would appreciate- i do aqa higher and triple for all sciences, edexcel higher maths, ocr history a, aqa sociology, ocr economics, and aqa english.

sending hugs and support to everyone else who's doing gcses and i wish us all the best of luck ๐Ÿซ‚
(edited 3 weeks ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by itsadara
ok so i wanted to join the gyg thing- i'm not really sure how this works but i'm here now so ๐Ÿ’€.
gcses are in like what, 17 days (LMAO) and the stress has NOT sunk in for me yet. i have no idea why. i have my art exam on the 2nd and 3rd of may, but that's not really like a stressful subject as long as i finish all my prep work (which is due by the end of this week ๐Ÿ˜ญ)
chemistry: 8 (that must be a scam because i'm telling you me and chemistry are not friends whatsoever)
economics: 8 (i would probably be content with a 7 though- but we aiming high still)
i'm pretty happy with these grades, i do want to try and just do the best i can. i wanna be realistic in my achievements and i don't think imma get straight 9s BUT i would want to get at least a 6 or 7 in the subjects i find the hardest (eg maths and history). any tips for revising these subjects i would appreciate- i do aqa higher and triple for all sciences, edexcel higher maths, ocr history a, aqa sociology, ocr economics, and aqa english.
sending hugs and support to everyone else who's doing gcses and i wish us all the best of luck ๐Ÿซ‚

Welcome to gyg and good luck!! Those grades are really good ๐Ÿ˜€

Tagging @emm4nuella who can hopefully tag in the rest of the gyg family!
Original post by bacchae
Welcome to gyg and good luck!! Those grades are really good ๐Ÿ˜€
Tagging @emm4nuella who can hopefully tag in the rest of the gyg family!

yes here is everyone!

Spoiler

Iโ€™m doing GCSEs too ๐Ÿคง๐Ÿคง your grades r greattt we got this ๐Ÿง˜*โ™€๏ธ

Hey! Goodluck to your GCSEs. :smile:
I just had my Art 2 hours ago, and it was so fun I forgot it was an exam...

hi and welcome to the family!! well done on your grades, they're really impressive! i love maths so i'm here to help if you need it (i'm sure you've got it covered though!)
exams are really fast approaching, but i know we've got it, and i'm here to support you through these final couple of months <333
Original post by emm4nuella
yes here is everyone!

Spoiler

thanks hunn โค๏ธ
Reply 7
Original post by jelllyfiiish
Hey! Goodluck to your GCSEs. :smile:
I just had my Art 2 hours ago, and it was so fun I forgot it was an exam...

i have to finish my final piece development and do the outline for the main thing before my exam next thursday ๐Ÿ˜ญ it's looking a bit long but i'm sure it will be okay
Reply 8
Original post by miss_nia
hi and welcome to the family!! well done on your grades, they're really impressive! i love maths so i'm here to help if you need it (i'm sure you've got it covered though!)
exams are really fast approaching, but i know we've got it, and i'm here to support you through these final couple of months <333

thank youuu!! and maths is KILLING ME atm. i really don't know what else i can do to increase my grades because it seems like i dont understand a lot more stuff than i think i do ๐Ÿ˜ญ
Reply 9
i can relate sm with maths but im stuck on a 5 lmaoooo
Reply 10
okay so today i stayed a couple hours after school to get some art done (disclaimer: i did not get much art done) so i'm at home now and I'm gonna force myself to do art until it's time for me to sleep. it's hard for me to start, but once i get into it it's harder to stop ๐Ÿ’€. i was going to have some brownies and ice cream to motivate me, but my family is in the kitchen and i like being alone in the kitchen. so, now i'm going to watch heartbreak high since s2 came out whilst doing my art- hopefully i can finish the piece i started by the end of today!!

wish me luck ๐Ÿ˜ญ
welcome to gyg !!
thank youuu!! and maths is KILLING ME atm. i really don't know what else i can do to increase my grades because it seems like i dont understand a lot more stuff than i think i do ๐Ÿ˜ญ

practice is key!! practice until the questions literally sicken you honestly
okay so today i stayed a couple hours after school to get some art done (disclaimer: i did not get much art done) so i'm at home now and I'm gonna force myself to do art until it's time for me to sleep. it's hard for me to start, but once i get into it it's harder to stop ๐Ÿ’€. i was going to have some brownies and ice cream to motivate me, but my family is in the kitchen and i like being alone in the kitchen. so, now i'm going to watch heartbreak high since s2 came out whilst doing my art- hopefully i can finish the piece i started by the end of today!!
wish me luck ๐Ÿ˜ญ

hope it all went well โค๏ธ and hope your evening was chilll
Reply 14
Original post by miss_nia
hope it all went well โค๏ธ and hope your evening was chilll

it was!! watched some heartbreak high, and at school today i did hella work during my study periods and lunchtime so i'm very nearly done. i'll be done before the end of tonight so i can start on my smaller piece and hopefully finish that one by tomorrow :smile:)
(edited 3 weeks ago)
it was!! watched some heartbreak high, and at school today i did hella work during my study periods and lunchtime so i'm very nearly done. i'll be done before the end of tonight so i can start on my smaller piece and hopefully finish that one by tomorrow :smile:)

i'm so glad to hear that today was productive!! <3 i hope you finish by tomorrow too, art was literally the bane of my existence BAHAH
hiiiiii!!!! gl with your revision todayy, my golden tips for revision are using the exam board specification and past papers probably <3

Good Luck in your GCSEs.
I did Art for my GCSEs too, what do enjoy about it compared to your other subjects?
Reply 18
Original post by alevelstudiesmo
Good Luck in your GCSEs.
I did Art for my GCSEs too, what do enjoy about it compared to your other subjects?

first of all- i'm good at it ๐Ÿ˜ญ and i've been predicted a grade 9 since year 9 when our first predicted grades came out at the end of the year, and i'm still predicted a strong 9 now. it's stressful yes (especially when i was in year 10 because that was a whole moment), but now i think i've been able to catch a flow. i'm really good with annotations and evaluating my work, so i get a lot of marks for that, but i also tend to go off branch and do more than expected to get more marks. sometimes i don't do stuff my teacher asks us to do (like doing pieces in the style of an artist, especially since i've done like 5 artist copies for 3 different artists already) because i can't be bothered and i don't feel it necessary. but, my teacher loves me, and she understands that i sometimes just go off on my own tangent and do my own thing (i still obviously do all the sections we are supposed to do though of course) and so she just leaves it. also, the art studio is such a SAFE SPACE. i love chilling there with my friends, listening to music and just painting or writing and giving each other tips on work. i feel so natural being in that artist space and being able to have the autonomy and responsibility of making my work the best it can be. sometimes i procrastinate my art A LOT and i find it difficult to start coursework, but once i start it's hard for me to stop, so i usually get quite a lot done in a short period of time. not to mention that proud feeling you get when you finish a piece and it actually goes really well, and you step back and look at it like, "i did that?!", it's such a good feeling. anyway i'm done- sorry for waffling but i always have so much to say about art ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ
Original post by emm4nuella
yes here is everyone!

Spoiler

thanks for the tag

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending