The Student Room Group
Group Work, University of Portsmouth
University of Portsmouth
Portsmouth

Dental hygiene and therapy Portsmouth uni

Has anyone got an offer or rejection since their interview with Portsmouth ?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jazzgrover3
not studying the same course - but ports gave me my offer like 3-4 days after my interview, u may have a similar wait time : )
Group Work, University of Portsmouth
University of Portsmouth
Portsmouth
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
not studying the same course - but ports gave me my offer like 3-4 days after my interview, u may have a similar wait time : )

Hey thank you, they said end of April for dental students, so should be anytime this week🫣
Hey thank you, they said end of April for dental students, so should be anytime this week🫣
awesome, good luck! hopefully we'll bump into each other this september!
Reply 4
awesome, good luck! hopefully we'll bump into each other this september!

Haha I’m praying😆
I have my interview for this course next week, I think the interviews are going on until mid May. You should heard back just after the last interview date I presume xx
Reply 6
I have my interview for this course next week, I think the interviews are going on until mid May. You should heard back just after the last interview date I presume xx

Strange, they did tell me they would let me know end of April as there were still interviews going on until end of march x
Reply 7

I’m guessing I’ve got a rejection for dental hygiene as they offered me dental nursing instead. I thought I did decent on my interview and I am an a level student. However, when I go on my applicant view it says decision pending. I don’t know if I should call them up.
Reply 8
Original post by Neshax
I’m guessing I’ve got a rejection for dental hygiene as they offered me dental nursing instead. I thought I did decent on my interview and I am an a level student. However, when I go on my applicant view it says decision pending. I don’t know if I should call them up.

Call them and make sure it wasn’t a mistake, but at the open day one of the students said they first applied for dental hygiene and therapy and got offered nursing and then moved onto therapy 🤷🏽*♀️I did call admissions just now and they said for this course they haven’t given admissions decisions yet so not sure what’s going on🤷🏽*♀️
Call them and make sure it wasn’t a mistake, but at the open day one of the students said they first applied for dental hygiene and therapy and got offered nursing and then moved onto therapy 🤷🏽*♀️I did call admissions just now and they said for this course they haven’t given admissions decisions yet so not sure what’s going on🤷🏽*♀️
sometimes they'll give you an alternate offer to a similar course. it's on their website
https://www.port.ac.uk/student-life/help-and-advice/getting-your-offers-and-results/getting-a-different-offer
"Sometimes, they won't be able to make you an offer for a course you've applied for but see a better opportunity for you in another course. When this happens, they might instead offer you a suitable alternative course to consider."

How was your interview? What did they ask?
How was your interview? What did they ask?

I think mine was alright, just asked why I wanted to do the course, why at Portsmouth and scenario stuff. Have you had one ?
I think mine was alright, just asked why I wanted to do the course, why at Portsmouth and scenario stuff. Have you had one ?

I’ve got mine on the 13th of may so 🤞🏻
I’ve got mine on the 13th of may so 🤞🏻

Good luck! Mines next Friday. I think the last interview is on the 16th of May, so hopefully everyone should find out the week after that I’m guessing 🙂
Reply 14
Good luck to everyone. I'm currently doing a dental development programme, which will give me an automatic place to study DHT once I complete it. So, if anyone gets an offer, maybe we can create a WhatsApp group. 🙂 Also, good luck with your interviews. Don't stress; it's mostly like a conversation. General question: Make sure you know all about GDP principles and NHS values. Learn the difference between compassion, sympathy, and empathy, and try to include those in your answers. I hope that helps. 🙂
Thanks. Hopefully see you September then!
Good luck! Mines next Friday. I think the last interview is on the 16th of May, so hopefully everyone should find out the week after that I’m guessing 🙂

Oh that’s strange, when I booked my interview it only had until end of March so I assumed that was all of them and admissions told me they should let everyone know by this Wednesday about offers. When did you your email about an interview? X
Oh that’s strange, when I booked my interview it only had until end of March so I assumed that was all of them and admissions told me they should let everyone know by this Wednesday about offers. When did you your email about an interview? X

They re-opened their applications again so the people that applied after the 31st of January are being interviewed within the next few weeks x
They re-opened their applications again so the people that applied after the 31st of January are being interviewed within the next few weeks x

Ohhhh that makes sense, thank you x
Reply 19
Is there a group for people that have offers for Dental Hygiene?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending