The Student Room Group

How can I apply for a study leave before gcse?

My first gcse is on the 10th of May which is my biology exam but I want to take a study leave now because I feel like my school isn’t providing enough support for me to do better in terms of achieving higher grades and I believe that I can get a lot more work done at home. Does anyone know how to apply and the process for it?
Hi,
My school breaks up on the 8th and has a one day study leave on the 9th, however I have the drama exam on the 9th so i unfortunately don’t get study leave, in order to apply for study leave i think you have to meet certain criteria to appear illegible, for example a doctor note or any mental health issues that require a study leave. But I think it is best to ask your teachers at your school as essentially they will be the ones to grant you a study leave if you need it.
Original post by BrownGirl_288
My first gcse is on the 10th of May which is my biology exam but I want to take a study leave now because I feel like my school isn’t providing enough support for me to do better in terms of achieving higher grades and I believe that I can get a lot more work done at home. Does anyone know how to apply and the process for it?

Im not sure if this is for every school but my school have said that study leave isn't actually a thing and was gotten rid of a while ago. however after 3 weeks of exams and then half term you can go home then. But only if you have a morning exam, after that exam your allowed to go home. but if u have an afternoon exam you have to stay all day. i hope this helps. its rushed as i need to go to lesson now. goodluck.

Quick Reply

Latest