The Student Room Group

GCSE English Literature

Hi, I’m currently stuck at a 7 in gcse English lit for AQA and my exam is in 2 weeks! Does anyone have any suggestions to get a 9 in two/three weeks?
Thanks in advance
watch my everything english and mr salles - best tips ever plus they teach aqa so u also get paper specific tips
if you want unique analysis check stacey reay (all of them on youtube) she has some very indepth analysis which she covers in short videos which got me my 9s

if you do popular texts such as macbeth and OMAM or inspector calls, i have some resources up on my website asw
https://thestudydays.wordpress.com/
Reply 2
Original post by Jasmine6789
Hi, I’m currently stuck at a 7 in gcse English lit for AQA and my exam is in 2 weeks! Does anyone have any suggestions to get a 9 in two/three weeks?
Thanks in advance

if you're at a seven then you're clearly already doing pretty well, you might just need a bit of a boost to your writing to get the grade up

make sure you talk about context, and it's really impressive if you can link that context back to your analysis instead of just pasting in random facts for no particular reason

when you analyse quotes, go as in depth as you can. examiners prefer to see a few quotes analysed in depth than a whole load of quotes without much analysis. quality over quantity is key

make your writing sound as sophisticated as possible - you can do this by talking about big ideas and using interesting vocabulary. if you let me know what texts you do i can try and give some more specific advice if we did the same ones.

watch youtube channels like the ones suggested. personally they didn't help me but i know people who found them really useful

i was consistently on a 7/8, and the first time i got a 9 was on the real thing. so it's definitely possible to go from 7 to 9 with revision, practice and confidence! good luck :smile:
Original post by klafow
if you're at a seven then you're clearly already doing pretty well, you might just need a bit of a boost to your writing to get the grade up

make sure you talk about context, and it's really impressive if you can link that context back to your analysis instead of just pasting in random facts for no particular reason

when you analyse quotes, go as in depth as you can. examiners prefer to see a few quotes analysed in depth than a whole load of quotes without much analysis. quality over quantity is key

make your writing sound as sophisticated as possible - you can do this by talking about big ideas and using interesting vocabulary. if you let me know what texts you do i can try and give some more specific advice if we did the same ones.

watch youtube channels like the ones suggested. personally they didn't help me but i know people who found them really useful

i was consistently on a 7/8, and the first time i got a 9 was on the real thing. so it's definitely possible to go from 7 to 9 with revision, practice and confidence! good luck :smile:

Hi thank you for the advice, i’m studying Inspector Calls, Jekyll & Hyde, Romeo & Juliet and power and conflict poetry
Reply 4
Original post by psychstudent2625
watch my everything english and mr salles - best tips ever plus they teach aqa so u also get paper specific tips
if you want unique analysis check stacey reay (all of them on youtube) she has some very indepth analysis which she covers in short videos which got me my 9s
if you do popular texts such as macbeth and OMAM or inspector calls, i have some resources up on my website asw
https://thestudydays.wordpress.com/

oh my god thank you so much im going through the aic powerpoint right now 😊

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending