The Student Room Group

How do you guys feel when someone here asks a non-university related question?

I remember i came here as a quora alternative because quora was blocked in my administration (this was before i got a new cellphone replacement). And I noticed that 90% of the first things that popped up had to do with colleges and careers. How do you feel when someone posts outliers like mine?
There are a lot of study related posts as it is a student website, but there are a lot of areas designated for things that are not study related. As a study forum helper, I spend my most of my time on here talking about studying which is what I personally prefer, but most of the time it does not bother me.
Reply 2
Good to know. Yea because I doubt many of my questions are going to be education related.
Original post by bruhidfk
Good to know. Yea because I doubt many of my questions are going to be education related.
People generally just stick in their lane and engage with the forums they are interested in
I think most of the chat forum is unrelated material. There are also a number of other forums which aren't uni related, e.g. the whole life and style section - advice on everyday issues, the dreaded relationships forum, motoring aka "should I get a black box insurance", cifas markers money and finance, etc etc.

You can see the full forum list here: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forum.php

Quick Reply