The Student Room Group

Bio alevel

Does anyone have tips for going from b/c to A in bio y12 mocks apart from doing past papers and memorising markschemes. How about maths in biology?
Thanks
Original post by Bjbuichk
Does anyone have tips for going from b/c to A in bio y12 mocks apart from doing past papers and memorising markschemes. How about maths in biology?
Thanks

Blurting out information on a whiteboard or paper can be useful for content heavy topics. For maths I would say to look at ur specs handbook as they should have guides for maths in biology but apart from that making sure to know how to draw graphs and ensuring u know how to read and interpret different graphs
Thanks

which exam board are you
Thanks

Hi @Bjbuichk,

An underrated revision resource lots of students overlook is their specification points. Every time I revised for any subject, I would constantly refer to my spec points as well. The spec points tell you exactly what you need to know- nothing more and nothing less. Every diagram, definition, mechanism etc... is listed in your spec points. Furthermore, I also treated the specification as a check list, ticking off bullet points after I was confident and comfortable with the topic. All the maths and formulas you need to know should also be listed in the specification. You can search up topical past papers, so more of your focus is dedicated to the math questions.

Another tip I have is to make a summary page for every subject you revise. I used the Cornell method to make these notes, and they were so helpful by the time Y13 came around and I needed a refresh on Y12 subjects.

Hope this helps,
Danish
BCU Student Rep
Reply 4
Original post by siahateskwl
which exam board are you

Aqa

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending