The Student Room Group

An inspector calls

Can anyone help with an inspector calls. I need quotes with context for age if anyone can help please.
Reply 1
chat gpt is free
Reply 2
Original post by Abdel7
chat gpt is free

And unreliable
Reply 3
Original post by Lilsrosemorgan
Can anyone help with an inspector calls. I need quotes with context for age if anyone can help please.

I suppose you mean generational differences.

Think about the different reactions to the inspectors message: the older gen is stubborn and unwilling to accept their hand in Eva’s suicide whereas the younger generation are willing to change.

What does this imply for the future of england? What may a post war audience think of this?

It might also be useful to consider the parallels of Eva’s deaths to the world wars. WWI = Eva’s initial suicide. Most of the birlings did not learn and accept their responsibility in her death leading to Eva’s second death right at the end of the play which is symbolic of WWII. Did people learn their lesson after WWI? Arguably if they did, WWII wouldn’t have commenced.

Hope this helps :smile:
Original post by subbhy
I suppose you mean generational differences.
Think about the different reactions to the inspectors message: the older gen is stubborn and unwilling to accept their hand in Eva’s suicide whereas the younger generation are willing to change.
What does this imply for the future of england? What may a post war audience think of this?
It might also be useful to consider the parallels of Eva’s deaths to the world wars. WWI = Eva’s initial suicide. Most of the birlings did not learn and accept their responsibility in her death leading to Eva’s second death right at the end of the play which is symbolic of WWII. Did people learn their lesson after WWI? Arguably if they did, WWII wouldn’t have commenced.
Hope this helps :smile:

Thank you so much

Quick Reply