The Student Room Group

Being harassed online

I have been harassed online several times, same with my friend by this same person for around 3-4 years. They keep sending me threatening messages such as ''Until we meet'' or ''You are going to find yourself injured''. Now its really freaking me out because I am worried that he will find me and injure me..
2 choices…block them, or take evidence to the Police.
Original post by Anonymous
I have been harassed online several times, same with my friend by this same person for around 3-4 years. They keep sending me threatening messages such as ''Until we meet'' or ''You are going to find yourself injured''. Now its really freaking me out because I am worried that he will find me and injure me..

Take it to the police! Speak with people with authority and let them help you track who the harasser is.
I hope you’ll be safe - good luck!

Definitely I would take to Police. If they will not do anything let us know, as it is a Criminal Offence, Protection From Harrassment Act, or Malicious Communication. Either way they can use the IP addres from messages to find person. I have done myself, gone to Civil Court with message and IP address and Court Ordered ISP to disclose name and address of user.
Reply 4
Definitely I would take to Police. If they will not do anything let us know, as it is a Criminal Offence, Protection From Harrassment Act, or Malicious Communication. Either way they can use the IP addres from messages to find person. I have done myself, gone to Civil Court with message and IP address and Court Ordered ISP to disclose name and address of user.

Thanks for the advice I will take this to the police

take it to the police but if they do find you do you know how to box or fight to protect yourself
take it to the police but if they do find you do you know how to box or fight to protect yourself

Yes she is a 5th Dan in Aikido

Quick Reply