The Student Room Group

Offers

I got a conditional offers for BBB and i wanted to know if i can transfer grades for example if i get ABC can i transfer the A to the C and make it BBB or do i have to get BBB.
Reply 1
ABC does not equal BBB. The Uni are asking for B standard across 3 A levels, not 'better in one subject and below in another' and if you dont hit the offer grades they are asking for then they are totally entitled to reject you. They may accept these grades as a 'near miss' but that depends on there being spare places for those not meeting the offer exactly, and the Uni being charitable. No-one can predict this in advance - not even that Uni. So, whilst you may still be accepted, you cannot just assume that you would be with ABC results.
Original post by Hos55555
I got a conditional offers for BBB and i wanted to know if i can transfer grades for example if i get ABC can i transfer the A to the C and make it BBB or do i have to get BBB.

What is the precise and full wording of your offer conditions on ucas hub?
Reply 3
What is the precise and full wording of your offer conditions on ucas hub?

This offer is subject to you obtaining
GCE A level
Grades BBB including
Biology
Chemistry

Please note: if your offer includes any of the following science A Levels - Biology, Chemistry, Physics, taken with one of the Awarding Bodies in England - you are required to achieve a Pass grade in the practical endorsement.
(edited 2 months ago)
This offer is subject to you obtaining
GCE A level
Grades BBB including
Biology
Chemistry

Please note: if your offer includes any of the following science A Levels - Biology, Chemistry, Physics, taken with one of the Awarding Bodies in England - you are required to achieve a Pass grade in the practical endorsement.

Then technically ABC wouldn't meet those conditions but if you call the university up and ask them what would happen in this situation they may be able to reassure you that they would normally accept applicants with ABC (or they may explain that they'll only normally accept ABC in august if the AB are biology and chemistry - ie a C in one of those is a deal breaker).

Explaining what happens in august to applicants who miss their offer conditions is the sort of thing most universities will explain at offer holder days but you're always able to ask them to talk you through it over the phone instead.
Reply 5
Then technically ABC wouldn't meet those conditions but if you call the university up and ask them what would happen in this situation they may be able to reassure you that they would normally accept applicants with ABC (or they may explain that they'll only normally accept ABC in august if the AB are biology and chemistry - ie a C in one of those is a deal breaker).
Explaining what happens in august to applicants who miss their offer conditions is the sort of thing most universities will explain at offer holder days but you're always able to ask them to talk you through it over the phone instead.

When should i call them, right after i get my results?
When should i call them, right after i get my results?

Call them tomorrow. It’s a common question.

Quick Reply