The Student Room Group

East 15 Foundation Course

Hi, my friend and I are both attending the foundation course for East 15 - I am in Southend and he is in Loughton. We are looking for people who will also be attending the course starting in September 2024, so we can help source accommodation. TIA
Original post by Tallulahlovexx
Hi, my friend and I are both attending the foundation course for East 15 - I am in Southend and he is in Loughton. We are looking for people who will also be attending the course starting in September 2024, so we can help source accommodation. TIA

Hey I’m attending the Southend campus for the foundation and I’m really interested in sorting out accommodation sooner rather than later. Would you be interested in talking? Xx
Original post by Jessrose1204
Hey I’m attending the Southend campus for the foundation and I’m really interested in sorting out accommodation sooner rather than later. Would you be interested in talking? Xx

Hi there, I'm also attending the Southend campus for the Foundation and starting to think about accommodation. Were you considering the uni campus accommodation or private? xx
Original post by Baba King
Hi there, I'm also attending the Southend campus for the Foundation and starting to think about accommodation. Were you considering the uni campus accommodation or private? xx

Definitely the uni accommodation. Is this your first year?
Definitely the uni accommodation. Is this your first year?
Yes, I'll be starting on the acting and theatre arts foundation course at East 15. Is that the course you'll be on? xx
It was on April 16th. When was yours?
It was on April 16th. When was yours?

Omg mine was on April 16th as well
Omg mine was on April 16th as well
Oh wow, we probably saw each other then! I’m trying to sort out uni accommodation at the moment as well. I’m still unsure if East 15 students share flats together or if we mix with people from other departments within Essex uni. Finding it quite confusing. 😅 xx
Reply 8
Oh wow, we probably saw each other then! I’m trying to sort out uni accommodation at the moment as well. I’m still unsure if East 15 students share flats together or if we mix with people from other departments within Essex uni. Finding it quite confusing. 😅 xx

Hi, I called the university today because we were also wondering that and yes, the East15 students are mixed in with all the other students for accomodation. There are some preferences you can select when filling in the application form and a free text box that you can add additional comments too. They will try and accommodate your preferences. Hope that is of some use.
Hey everyone 🤗

I study at the Colchester campus, but I've visited the Southend campus a few times, so let me know if you've got any questions I might be able to answer!

If you've not visited before, Southend uni accommodation is one big block 🏢 with a central courtyard, which is great as everyone is all in one area and mixed together. So if you make friends that you're not living with, which you definitely will, then you won't have far to go to hang out. There's a common room where people can chill 🛋️🍻🎭️🏓, and a laundry room in there too. If you choose one of the single en-suite 🚿 rooms then you'll be sharing a kitchen with your flatmates 👨*🍳

I'd recommend the 3 year deal, as it locks in the rent rate for 3 years (prices go up everywhere each year unfortunately so knowing you've got the same price and the same room is a relief!)

what you get with the 3-year deal in a single en-suite

Rent fixed at the 2024-25 rate for the duration of the 3 years, so no rent increases

Free storage of your belongings in the summer (of years 1 and 2) as you keep the same room

Option to book summer vacation accommodation, in your room, at your current rent rate

Southend is a small campus (not as small as Loughton though!) so you'll get to know familiar faces pretty quickly. The best part is how central everything is though, as you're just off the High Street, with Southend Central train station right behind the Gateway Building. Students have ID card access to their own floor of the Forum library 📚️ with facilities like study pods, group presentation workshop areas, sofas with built in charger ports, tea making facilities and a vending machine, etc.

With your Student Union membership card, you can access the SU lounge which is exclusively for Essex students, and the Mezz which is a cosy social area above it. Of course you've got the high street with all the shops, bars and restaurants right on your doorstep too. Fun fact, Southend has got the longest pleasure pier in the world 🎡🚆it even has its own train!

Hope you all have a great summer!
Essex Student Rep - Hayley
Reply 10
Thanks Hayley. Great info. We accepted the offer on UCAS last night and paid our deposit. Then we tried to apply for accomodation but we kept going round in a loop and got no where. I'm wondering if our acceptance might need some time to go through and update. We'll give it a few days and see.
Original post by TexDes
Thanks Hayley. Great info. We accepted the offer on UCAS last night and paid our deposit. Then we tried to apply for accomodation but we kept going round in a loop and got no where. I'm wondering if our acceptance might need some time to go through and update. We'll give it a few days and see.

Hey @TexDes 👋

It might be like you said it just needs a bit of time to go through. If you find you're still having issues after a couple days, the email for the accommodation admin team is: [email protected] and they should be able to help or point you in the right direction 😊

Best wishes
Essex Student Rep - Hayley

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending