The Student Room Group

Finding a mentor

Good Greetings,

I am a 14-year-old girl who is currently seeking a mentor to guide me towards becoming a mathematician and theoretical physicist. I understand it may seem early, but I'd like to share some of my achievements to provide context.

I have always harbored a profound love for mathematics and physics since childhood. They have been constant companions, igniting my curiosity and passion for understanding the world. At a young age, I independently rediscovered Archimedes' principle and explored the concept of surface tension around the age of 5 or 6. By age 8 or 9, I grasped the main ideas of parallel universe theory and rediscovered special relativity. General relativity became a personal favorite, which I comprehended with the help of online resources at age 14.

In mathematics, I have had a keen eye for numbers from a young age. I memorized multiplication tables up to 40, squares up to 51, and the value of pi to the 100th place. Algebra has become indispensable for explaining my surroundings, and despite trigonometry's reputation for complexity, I find it to be a beautiful branch of geometry.

I completed 10th-grade mathematics by 8th grade without studying 9th grade, and recently, since age 13, I have been self-studying calculus, albeit facing challenges due to lack of guidance and suspected inattentive ADHD.

These early experiences have cultivated a deep appreciation for the elegance and beauty of mathematical and physical principles. Therefore, if there's a possibility for mentorship, it would be immensely beneficial to me, and I would be sincerely grateful.

Sincerely,

A Student

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending