The Student Room Group

Will it be possible to learn the entire GCSE maths and physics curriculum in a year?

I’m currently in year 10 and I do blended school due to personal events, I only do maths and English in person and I’m about to start physics and some other subjects by myself. Will it be possible? And does anyone have any websites or resources that could help?
Reply 1
Original post by PepsiLover
I’m currently in year 10 and I do blended school due to personal events, I only do maths and English in person and I’m about to start physics and some other subjects by myself. Will it be possible? And does anyone have any websites or resources that could help?

yes i think thats possible! it will be difficult since it will likely take a lot of focus and dedication especially to get a really high grade but i do think u could do it. I find that maths content is pretty simple to grasp (for me) and then after its all about practising questions since theres only so many types of questions they could ask you. I think physics is definitely more content heavy but at the gcse stage its more about memorising it and then regurgitating that info in the exam. For learning physics content i recommend checking out the 'primrose kitten' youtube channel (silly name i know but its v good and has content split for each exam board and topic). The cpg books are also great for physics. I would also recommend watching videos of the core practicals (experiments since its a science subject) online if ur not able to them urself since they can ask questions about them in the exam. For practice questions 'physics and maths tutor' has tons of questions per topic and also whole past papers (for most subjects despite the name haha). You said u did blended school so i assume ur in school part of the time, personally i think learning the content yourself is entirely possible but its mastering the exam technique alone which can be more difficult so i would recommend asking ur teachers to maybe give u some exam technique tips and also help with how to approach the trickier questions (like 6 markers in physics). Sorry this was so long but i hope its helpful! if u want anymore advice u could tell me the other subjects ur doing and i might know more specific resources that could help :smile: wishing u all the best!!!
Reply 2
Original post by miffybow
yes i think thats possible! it will be difficult since it will likely take a lot of focus and dedication especially to get a really high grade but i do think u could do it. I find that maths content is pretty simple to grasp (for me) and then after its all about practising questions since theres only so many types of questions they could ask you. I think physics is definitely more content heavy but at the gcse stage its more about memorising it and then regurgitating that info in the exam. For learning physics content i recommend checking out the 'primrose kitten' youtube channel (silly name i know but its v good and has content split for each exam board and topic). The cpg books are also great for physics. I would also recommend watching videos of the core practicals (experiments since its a science subject) online if ur not able to them urself since they can ask questions about them in the exam. For practice questions 'physics and maths tutor' has tons of questions per topic and also whole past papers (for most subjects despite the name haha). You said u did blended school so i assume ur in school part of the time, personally i think learning the content yourself is entirely possible but its mastering the exam technique alone which can be more difficult so i would recommend asking ur teachers to maybe give u some exam technique tips and also help with how to approach the trickier questions (like 6 markers in physics). Sorry this was so long but i hope its helpful! if u want anymore advice u could tell me the other subjects ur doing and i might know more specific resources that could help :smile: wishing u all the best!!!

Thank you so much! I’ll definitely have a look into that, I really appreciate you taking the time to respond 😊😊
Reply 3
Original post by miffybow

i think schools go at a really slow pace, if you try you could get it done in half a year to a year
Original post by PepsiLover

its 100% possible. Bro idk if yk, but im basically relearning 99% of the content rn in like a week, so with a whole year mate if you use kerboodle, Cognito, PMT, Wright Science, Primrose Kitten, BBC Bitesize, GcsePod if possible for physics, you can acc learn it. Maths is very very light to learn. Just use maths genie, gcse maths tutor on yt, corbettmaths 5 a day higher and higher plus, Sparx maths, 1st class maths, third space learning, Mme revise, Mathsbot. I think I've given u quite a bit mate, but gl. So gl. The key is doing all this revsion and getting practice papers and questions done asw. The earlier you start the better. if i started when u did properly revising, man I'd be more confident, but now im worried. dw about me tho hahahaha

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending