The Student Room Group

Failed Course Work, but Passed Exams

What happens if in my final year of doing a BEng at University of Greenwich, I pass all my exams, but fail the course work of 1 module?
(edited 3 months ago)
Original post by Creg_Ker
What happens if in my final year of doing a BEng at University of Greenwich, I pass all my exams, but fail the course work of 1 module?

Is that one module only assessed via the single piece of coursework which you failed? Or does it have more than one form of assessment, of which the coursework is one? (I'm trying to work out if you've definitely failed the entire module, or just one of the assessments within it.)

Also, is this a core / mandatory module, or is it a elective / optional module? How many credits is the module worth? Do you think you'll manage to be within 10% of the module's pass mark?
Reply 2
Original post by DataVenia
Is that one module only assessed via the single piece of coursework which you failed? Or does it have more than one form of assessment, of which the coursework is one? (I'm trying to work out if you've definitely failed the entire module, or just one of the assessments within it.)
Also, is this a core / mandatory module, or is it a elective / optional module? How many credits is the module worth? Do you think you'll manage to be within 10% of the module's pass mark?

The course work was the only form of assessment for that module, besides the exam. The course work entailed 3 Quiz, in which I failed one due to late completion, and resulting in drop in my overall course work percentage. The pass percentage for the course work is 40%.

Quick Reply