The Student Room Group

Do the people who get almost or all 9s in their gcses have advantages?

I want to know if people who are getting almost or all 9s get any better opportunities or advantages than people who don't. I really want to score top grades for my gcses but i just don't think I can do it (probably wil get 6s and 7s). Therefore, will people who do better than me have more wider opportunities than me in terms of jobs and universities?
Reply 1
Original post by anonymous7070
I want to know if people who are getting almost or all 9s get any better opportunities or advantages than people who don't. I really want to score top grades for my gcses but i just don't think I can do it (probably wil get 6s and 7s). Therefore, will people who do better than me have more wider opportunities than me in terms of jobs and universities?

Honestly it depends, for instance (this probably isnt the course you're looking to take but here's an example https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/gcse_english_grade#incoming-2468404) I would take a look at ROI requests already made about the course you are applying to about GCSEs and definitely some unis will look at them (but probably more as a last resort).
Original post by anonymous7070

I got 5 8s and 4 9s at GCSE so not all 9s but nearly there - I think that although I worked really hard through the GCSE period, I had a strong support system at home and even though my school is a state school, it is smaller (its not a grammar school or selective or anything its just fairly new) which meant I probably had a better experience. I do think that if you are on 6s and 7s, 9s are absolutely possible! My advice would be to do as many exam questions as possible and use revision cards or blurting. Also, don't stress out too much, most universities are more concerned about A-levels

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending