The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

Exeter near-miss

Hi! I have an offer from Exeter for English (AAB) and honestly I'm pretty certain I'll get the grades, but I was wondering if anyone knows how likely Exeter is to accept near-misses? (Like if I get ABB). Based on my previous results there shouldn't be much chance of that happening, but it would certainly ease my mind!
Original post by Anonymous
Hi! I have an offer from Exeter for English (AAB) and honestly I'm pretty certain I'll get the grades, but I was wondering if anyone knows how likely Exeter is to accept near-misses? (Like if I get ABB). Based on my previous results there shouldn't be much chance of that happening, but it would certainly ease my mind!

Sorry for the slow pick up on this one. Congratulations on your offer! We will get your results ahead of confirmation and clearing; our Admissions Team work around the clock checking what everyone got and seeing what space we have. Depending on the popularity of a programme, or how the whole cohort performed meeting their grades, there may be the opportunity for us to be flexible and still offer a place if your narrowly miss the terms of your offer. If a programme is really competitive this is less likely, but please be reassured if we can be flexible we will be. It can vary year on year as it is reliant on how each cohorts performs and patterns in popular courses, so sadly I cannot be more precise than this. Hopefully this provides some reassurance.

Wishing you all the best for your upcoming exams.

Melody, University of Exeter Student Recruitment Team
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Reply 2
Original post by UniofExeter Rep
Sorry for the slow pick up on this one. Congratulations on your offer! We will get your results ahead of confirmation and clearing; our Admissions Team work around the clock checking what everyone got and seeing what space we have. Depending on the popularity of a programme, or how the whole cohort performed meeting their grades, there may be the opportunity for us to be flexible and still offer a place if your narrowly miss the terms of your offer. If a programme is really competitive this is less likely, but please be reassured if we can be flexible we will be. It can vary year on year as it is reliant on how each cohorts performs and patterns in popular courses, so sadly I cannot be more precise than this. Hopefully this provides some reassurance.
Wishing you all the best for your upcoming exams.
Melody, University of Exeter Student Recruitment Team
Thank you :smile:

Quick Reply