The Student Room Group

I want to drop out of sixth form but I dont know what I want to do.

(edited 1 month ago)
Original post by kjybhjn
Im currently in year 12, i only have around 2 months left but since I started i've hated it. My mental health is really bad and Ive always struggled with school environments. I never wanted to go to sixth form but didnt want to do an apprenticeship as I had no idea what I wanted to do. My mental and physical health are really bad because of school. I dont want to go to uni.

not in a rude way get help- speak to your parents, siblings or people at school who can provide you with guidance on your options and find out what you like and do that something that makes you happy etc. I'm afraid you cant survive doing nothing- also just stick with it there's many people feeling like this and once you've done year 13 you can do anything because you need the basics (gcses and a levels) for any good job but not to say you can't have a good job with out them
Reply 2
Original post by studyingsam
not in a rude way get help- speak to your parents, siblings or people at school who can provide you with guidance on your options and find out what you like and do that something that makes you happy etc. I'm afraid you cant survive doing nothing- also just stick with it there's many people feeling like this and once you've done year 13 you can do anything because you need the basics (gcses and a levels) for any good job but not to say you can't have a good job with out them

I've spoken to people in school and theyve done practically nothing, they said that they would reduce my timetable and then nothing was heard about that, recently ive been trying to drop one of my subjects. I was told it was fine and i could do that. Apparently they started the process for it but now once again ive heard nothing about it even when my teacher asked. Ive spoken to countless people about my mental health and school and ive gotten nothing.

Quick Reply