The Student Room Group

Uni group chats

Does anyone have any advice on how to find uni group chats for 2024?
Hi,
Personally when I was looking for group chats before I started university, Facebook was the first place. If you join offer holder groups or fresher groups for the specific universities, people will usually post about their specific course or housing looking to start or add people to a group chat.
Some universities do hold their own spaces for things like this so it's always worth a check but Facebook is a good place to start.
Best of luck,
Meg 🙂
MA Popular Music Student.
Original post by jasminestride
Hey @jasminestride,

Brilliant to hear that you will be starting university! 😊 Which course will you be studying?

Here at UCLan we have subject specific Facebook groups which are a great place for offer holders to connect and make friends before they arrive and to ask any questions about their course and university life.

I'd recommend having a look on your universities website to see if they offer something similar, or there may be some offer holder threads on TSR that you can reach out to other students in.

Wishing you all the best 😊
Sarah
(edited 2 months ago)
Reply 3
Original post by UCLan Ambassador
Hey @jasminestride,
Brilliant to hear that you will be starting university! 😊 Which course will you be studying?
Here at UCLan we have subject specific Facebook groups which are a great place for offer holders to connect and make friends before they arrive and to ask any questions about their course and university life.
I'd recommend having a look on your universities website to see if they offer something similar, or there may be some offer holder threads on TSR that you can reach out to other students in.
Wishing you all the best 😊
Sarah

Thank you!! I'm going to be studying history at KCL!

Hi!
As has been mentioned by other student ambassadors, Facebook is a platform used by many students to find their course mates or flatmates. However, there are also forums on this platform where you can connect with fellow students. I recommend looking up your university name and the year you plan to start studying, and then freshers, for example, 'YSJ 2024 freshers'.

Hope this helps! Faye 🙂

Hi!

I find that most universities will have Facebook pages where they advertise how to get in touch with your cohort. Maybe have a look on their page and in the comments to see if anyone’s created a group chat you can ask to be invited to.

Hope this helps! 🙂

Estelle
Third Year Psychology
University of Huddersfield
Reply 6
Thank you!! I'm going to be studying history at KCL!
hey i have an offer from kcl, i haven’t been able to find any group chats though have you had any luck?

Hiya!

Congratulations, and I hope you are excited! Everyone has suggested some really helpful advise and I hope you have manage to find something over the last week or two!

Another option to try and find people joining university the same year as yourself and possibly even the same course is checking if your university has a community page. For example, at DMU we have a group chat called DMU community it has the same purpose as Facebook for future students to chat to each other and ask our ambassadors (current students) any questions.

Here is the link to DMU's community chat as well as other group chats just incase anyone here is interested in that
https://www.dmu.ac.uk/study/chat-with-a-student/index.aspx

-Maddie, second year Health and Well-being in Society student at De Montfort University

Quick Reply