The Student Room Group

higher modern studies

does anyone have any predictions for essays likely to come up? i just want to be sure i’m looking at the correct things.

Scroll to see replies

I personally wouldn't base my studying off of predictions of what essays may come up. What I did last year was revise enough essays so as one I had learned was guaranteed to come up in the exam. Obviously the exams have changed because covid amendments dont apply anymore, so you would need to figure out how many you need to learn but this is something I'm sure your teacher could tell you as mine did last year. I found revising just enough essays so as one I had revised was guaranteed to come up in each topic allowed me to spend more time focussing on revising each essay in depth and as a result i could go in and basically write it from memory.
Original post by xleahmacx
does anyone have any predictions for essays likely to come up? i just want to be sure i’m looking at the correct things.

i don't really know because this year we have the assignment back in but I like that the 12 mark essay will be in SOCIAL INEQUALITIES
Original post by NieveThomas
i don't really know because this year we have the assignment back in but I like that the 12 mark essay will be in SOCIAL INEQUALITIES

how do you know that the 12 marker is social inequalities???
Reply 4

how do you know this ?
Original post by Eve_W2
how do you know this ?

oh sorry I meant that I think that it's going to be in social inequalities idk for sure
Original post by Matilda42
how do you know that the 12 marker is social inequalities???

oh sorry I meant that I think that it's going to be in social inequalities idk for sure
Reply 7

Ahh okay got you thank youuu
Original post by Eve_W2
Ahh okay got you thank youuu

do you have any predictions for any of the topics tho ???
Reply 9
do you have any predictions for any of the topics tho ???

I feel like your right about the 12 marker in social inequalities, and I think its going to be causes of wealth and income inequalities, also not sure what your doing for international issues but for world powers I'm thinking it is going to have a question on effectiveness of government responses to social-economic inequality, and for world issues thinking international organisations. For democracy I'm thinking one on the media in voting behaviour and maybe pressure groups?? obviously no proper idea but that's just my thoughts based off what's come up over the last few years!!
Original post by Eve_W2
I feel like your right about the 12 marker in social inequalities, and I think its going to be causes of wealth and income inequalities, also not sure what your doing for international issues but for world powers I'm thinking it is going to have a question on effectiveness of government responses to social-economic inequality, and for world issues thinking international organisations. For democracy I'm thinking one on the media in voting behaviour and maybe pressure groups?? obviously no proper idea but that's just my thoughts based off what's come up over the last few years!!

For democracy brexit hasnt come up in a while
Reply 11
Original post by MonkeyKing619
For democracy brexit hasnt come up in a while

Yess meant to say this!! I think brexit will come up.
does anyone have an educated assumption on what the 12 marker will be? im assuming they wont do UK politics 12 mark for the 4th year in the row + america is the easiest topic so im assuming it wont be that.
Reply 13
Is America really the easiest topic? I'm doing Syria instead and it's so hard
Original post by JJ67WP
Is America really the easiest topic? I'm doing Syria instead and it's so hard

wtf your schools making you do syria?? 😭😭 thats horrible
Original post by ihatesigningup12
does anyone have an educated assumption on what the 12 marker will be? im assuming they wont do UK politics 12 mark for the 4th year in the row + america is the easiest topic so im assuming it wont be that.

Causes of income and wealth inequality
Causes of income and wealth inequality

how'd you know?
Reply 17
how'd you know?

Probs bc it’s never come up before whereas everything else has and people are thinking the 12 marker will be social inequalities section
how'd you know?

There hasnt been a 12 marker in social inequality since 2019 so its more likely than democracy and usa to be 12 marks
usa hasnt been the 12 marker once in new higher so with that logic wouldnt it be more likely that USA is the 12 marker ?

There hasnt been a 12 marker in social inequality since 2019 so its more likely than democracy and usa to be 12 marks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending