The Student Room Group

predicted grades as a year 2 student

As I come towards the end of first year uni as an Econ student, ik I'm trying to go into banking but I've pretty much messed up my coursework due to laziness, and now to get a 1st for this year I have to get above 85% in finals for most of my modules (which is very unlikely with the amount of work I've done this far).

Anyway if I get a 2.1 for this year, can I just say I'm predicted to get a 1st when applying for summer internships in 2025? What are your opinions?
Original post by hi_howareyou
As I come towards the end of first year uni as an Econ student, ik I'm trying to go into banking but I've pretty much messed up my coursework due to laziness, and now to get a 1st for this year I have to get above 85% in finals for most of my modules (which is very unlikely with the amount of work I've done this far).

Anyway if I get a 2.1 for this year, can I just say I'm predicted to get a 1st when applying for summer internships in 2025? What are your opinions?

You cannot "just say" that you're predicted to get a 1st... you will need a reference from your academic advisor, which will contain your predicted degree classification. You should probably talk to your academic advisor about what you can do to be predicted a 1st next academic year.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending