The Student Room Group

No accomodation for second year- Uni of bath

Hi i've been looking for houses and house groups since janurary and ive always been rejected for houses or was barely able to get a viewing... its getting close to the end of term now and i still have no where to live for next year... im wondering am i just going to have to stay at home and start searching for accomodation for janurary next yr? i wouldnt be able to attend uni cos i live rlly far but thats the only thing i can see happening tbh :/
also all the room share ads are with grown adult men which feels rlly dangerous considering im a girl 😕 i have a house group now but we're really struggling to find a house now and even get a viewing, landlords rarely reply and im not sure if i can really attend uni next yr...
talk to your university, see if they can help or give you emergency housing whilst you get sorted
Original post by bluegray
talk to your university, see if they can help or give you emergency housing whilst you get sorted

okay i'll try that :smile:
i think the last time i emailed abt that tho they were'nt very helpful they basically said they dont give campus accom to 2nd yrs... eventhough that wasnt what i asked
Talk to your SU that's why they're there.
Have you tried looking at tenancy takeovers on FB groups? People often take year abroads/placement years/drop out and will be looking at tenancy transfers but these arent usually advertised online but rather social media. I would guess many people will have started to do summer tenancy takeovers but definitely try have a look as these houses will likely be with current uni students

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending