The Student Room Group

are these gcse spanish answers grade 9s

hi everyone i have my gcse speaking in a week and i would be greatful for anyone who can check them and tell me what grade they are and if they need any improvements ?
thank you
p.s i am new here i don't know if this is the right place to post but please help me
(edited 2 months ago)
Reply 1
Hi, i did my speaking exam on Monday and i think your answers are pretty well formed. As per the mark scheme and examiners report every year, u should include at least 3 tenses which u clearly did and vocabulary is quite high standard as well. I think these answers are somewhere around grade 8 as long as u do stutter while speaking.
Also remember these are general conversations so if u just say a sentence or two ( must be well structured) you should be fine!!
Original post by Miaaaaso
hi everyone i have my gcse speaking in a week and i would be greatful for anyone who can check them and tell me what grade they are and if they need any improvements ?
thank you
p.s i am new here i don't know if this is the right place to post but please help me
https://quizlet.com/908550922/flashcards

Those are definitely grade 9 - its never really about language anyways its more about communication, spontaneity and accuracy, if you said those answers perfectly you could easily get full marks
Original post by lak123455
Hi, i did my speaking exam on Monday and i think your answers are pretty well formed. As per the mark scheme and examiners report every year, u should include at least 3 tenses which u clearly did and vocabulary is quite high standard as well. I think these answers are somewhere around grade 8 as long as u do stutter while speaking.
Also remember these are general conversations so if u just say a sentence or two ( must be well structured) you should be fine!!

Hi, just out of curiosity - what could this student do to get higher grades?Surely with the level of language they have used, they can get a 9 with proper intonation and prounciation.Only 10 marks are for language and they've ticked all boxes as far as I can see
Reply 4
Original post by rubnthegoat
Hi, just out of curiosity - what could this student do to get higher grades?Surely with the level of language they have used, they can get a 9 with proper intonation and prounciation.Only 10 marks are for language and they've ticked all boxes as far as I can see

The student can surely get nine, i just said eight because the pronunciation (as you said), fluency and the time one takes to answer also affects the grade and it overall adds up to 15 marks i think. Not to forget the photo card and role play as they also carry quite a significant amount of marks.
Eight is just an assumption i made with the knowledge of examiner reports and mark schemes of previous years i have been reading, as i m a student myself.
Reply 5
thank you everyone for your help i will try my best
Original post by Miaaaaso
thank you everyone for your help i will try my best

Good luck!

Quick Reply