The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

changing courses after firming

So I firmed English at King’s but I am considering changing to English with Modern Languages. I am not entirely sure right now so I want to wait before calling them about the change and fully dedicating myself to it, but I’m wondering if you think this would still be possible? I’m hoping to wait until about June time to make the decision, but I don’t really know if this is wise

English grade requirement are AAA and English and modern languages is AAB so there’s no issue there
Reply 1
Hi, I applied for Reading university so I can't guarantee it'll be the same, but I requested a course change from Marketing to Law (very different i know) about one week ago. On the same day I requested the change, I had a response and an offer for Law which is amazing. It should be a super easy process as Uni''s tend to be flexable, and since your course that you want to change too is very similar, you should be good. You'll have to email the administrations email address probably, but yeah it can be done, and if your thinking about swapping course already before you've even started, it's probably worth doing
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
You can always call up and ask if there’s flexibility to switch yo English with a language in the first term. Often that will be a standard practice for some courses and not others. Asking about whether there’s flexibility doesn’t commit you to switching.
Reply 3
Original post by PQ
You can always call up and ask if there’s flexibility to switch yo English with a language in the first term. Often that will be a standard practice for some courses and not others. Asking about whether there’s flexibility doesn’t commit you to switching.

Hi thank you! I'll do that then
Original post by carter0305
Hi, I applied for Reading university so I can't guarantee it'll be the same, but I requested a course change from Marketing to Law (very different i know) about one week ago. On the same day I requested the change, I had a response and an offer for Law which is amazing. It should be a super easy process as Uni''s tend to be flexable, and since your course that you want to change too is very similar, you should be good. You'll have to email the administrations email address probably, but yeah it can be done, and if your thinking about swapping course already before you've even started, it's probably worth doing

hi there, I'd like to do the same thing but idk which uni email to use to make my request. Did you use the admissions email of the university you applied to?
Original post by ClineRob
hi there, I'd like to do the same thing but idk which uni email to use to make my request. Did you use the admissions email of the university you applied to?

If you don’t know what email to use then ring them and ask
Reply 6

I actually called them, but they said if I want to change I have to do it through the King's application portal. I'd say try the email first for your uni and then see what they say !

Hi, sorry for the late reply but yeah I used the admissions email for the change

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending