The Student Room Group

I picked health and social care for my gcses, can this affect me from becoming a vet?

Being a vet is my dream job since i was 6. Currently i am in year 9 and i did my options last month. I did not want to be a vet anymore, i was thinking about being a psychologist so i picked health and social care. This week i changed my mind and i wanna be a vet again. Can that affect me from being a vet?
Reply 1
Hey GCSE options do not matter in your application to vet school. as long as you have maths, english and science and around a 7 in them, you will be fine. Please do not worry! However once you come to pick a level options make sure to pick biology and chemistry and the 3 rd subject does not matter for most schools (except for cambridge i think?)
Original post by icebear05
Hey GCSE options do not matter in your application to vet school. as long as you have maths, english and science and around a 7 in them, you will be fine. Please do not worry! However once you come to pick a level options make sure to pick biology and chemistry and the 3 rd subject does not matter for most schools (except for cambridge i think?)

yep! cambridge prefers physics or maths and uclan will lower offer to ABB if you choose maths as ur third (but standard AAB for non-maths)

Quick Reply