The Student Room Group

politics aqa

i have a few questions regarding AQA politics
1. are there any recent example banks i could use for my essays?
2. how do i structure extract questions? (esp the USA ones)
3. are any of you able to predict the topics that will come up in the exam (probably impossible)
hi there, in terms of predictions though it can be a gamble and a risk i do think the papers can only have so much to test and especially regarding patterns it’s something they’ve done for so long i know there’s politics explained that does predictions and alevelpolitics. so yeah
Original post by amel.z0
i have a few questions regarding AQA politics
1. are there any recent example banks i could use for my essays?
2. how do i structure extract questions? (esp the USA ones)
3. are any of you able to predict the topics that will come up in the exam (probably impossible)

anything in the news really (on top of examples from the textbooks or) maybe have a look on quizlet

introduction, source1, source2, source1, source2, conclusion is the rough structure i use - use the extract as much as possible

my teachers think if AQA decide to be really mean, EU could come up as there has never been a proper essay question on it

(edited 1 month ago)
do you guys have any resources for AQA paper 2? I literally know nothing for America😭I want an A for politics but at this rate I’ll be struggling to even scrape a b 🥲🥲
Reply 4
Original post by diyah.....
do you guys have any resources for AQA paper 2? I literally know nothing for America😭I want an A for politics but at this rate I’ll be struggling to even scrape a b 🥲🥲

pre chewed politics but u have to pay sadly, do you have aqa textbooks? videos are also rly useful (coxy's classroom)
but yeah i'm w u on paper 2 it's my least favourite one
Original post by amel.z0
pre chewed politics but u have to pay sadly, do you have aqa textbooks? videos are also rly useful (coxy's classroom)
but yeah i'm w u on paper 2 it's my least favourite one

it’s actually hell😭hoping our paper is much nicer than last years paper 2 bc those were awful💀💀
it’s actually hell😭hoping our paper is much nicer than last years paper 2 bc those were awful💀💀
revise the topics that haven't come up extracts like Congress, parties, direct democracy and pressure groups, primaries and caucuses. party unity, policies haven’t come up as a comparison yet and cultural theory hasn’t been there for a while
do you have any predictions for paper 1? And how is everybody feeling? - officially less than 10 days for the exam😭
do you have any predictions for paper 1? And how is everybody feeling? - officially less than 10 days for the exam😭

so nervous Ive been neglecting politics haven't even finished p1 content wbu??

and as for predictions EU and constitution is what my teachers have been saying
I’d cry if we get an EU question😍 I feel like 90% of my revision has been politics bc it’s my worst subject but I still just feel SO unprepared. I’m praying we don’t get a question on like ordinary party members/party structure. The 2022 one about how political parties elect their leaders would’ve made me go insanee
I’d cry if we get an EU question😍 I feel like 90% of my revision has been politics bc it’s my worst subject but I still just feel SO unprepared. I’m praying we don’t get a question on like ordinary party members/party structure. The 2022 one about how political parties elect their leaders would’ve made me go insanee

oh same I've not done any EU revision I thought they'd drop it but its never been asked before soo they might do it one more time. im sure you'll do good you've done a lot from the sound of it - have u finished content?
Original post by glitterkitt3n
oh same I've not done any EU revision I thought they'd drop it but its never been asked before soo they might do it one more time. im sure you'll do good you've done a lot from the sound of it - have u finished content?

If you mean like actually learning content in school then yeah I have but the last chapters of paper 2/ whole of paper 3 was soo rushed - literally did all the ideologies in like less than a month🥲 if you’re talking about revision, I’ve done most of the uk topics now but veryyy behind on paper 2/3

They have done a 9 marker on the EU before so they might do it as a source question maybe?
If you mean like actually learning content in school then yeah I have but the last chapters of paper 2/ whole of paper 3 was soo rushed - literally did all the ideologies in like less than a month🥲 if you’re talking about revision, I’ve done most of the uk topics now but veryyy behind on paper 2/3

better than nothing ! we're still learning US politics and not finished ideologies at school. and dw I haven't touched paper 2 or3
They have done a 9 marker on the EU before so they might do it as a source question maybe?

yeahh I meant a 25 M for EU if it comes up that's what ive been told source sounds most likely
better than nothing ! we're still learning US politics and not finished ideologies at school. and dw I haven't touched paper 2 or3

damn that’s insane😭I thought my school was bad with the timing. Does that mean you’re not on study leave yet?
damn that’s insane😭I thought my school was bad with the timing. Does that mean you’re not on study leave yet?

no I have 2 weeks still hahaha
hey guys could someone lmk if this is right. If we had a question like explain and analyse three prerogative powers of the PM
Could you use patronage powers to appoint/dismiss ministers, call an early general election and award honours - just not sure if these are all actually prerogative powers?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending