The Student Room Group

Postgraduate course that can lead you into clinical work

Anyone know if any courses that you can do after your undergraduate (non-medicine) degree that can lead you to clinical work?
Original post by Nightlight22
Anyone know if any courses that you can do after your undergraduate (non-medicine) degree that can lead you to clinical work?

Clinical work as in, healthcare? Or since you posted this in the psychology forum, do you mean clinical psychology? What's your end goal?
Original post by Scotland Yard
Clinical work as in, healthcare? Or since you posted this in the psychology forum, do you mean clinical psychology? What's your end goal?

I wanted to go into medicine, but don’t have any offers back. So, I’m thinking of finding a way into working in the hospitals without doing medicine
I wanted to go into medicine, but don’t have any offers back. So, I’m thinking of finding a way into working in the hospitals without doing medicine

OK. Moved your thread into the Medicine forum.

Your absolute single best bet is to ace your A levels now and take a gap year and reapply to Medicine, because that's ultimately what you want to do still, I assume?
OK. Moved your thread into the Medicine forum.
Your absolute single best bet is to ace your A levels now and take a gap year and reapply to Medicine, because that's ultimately what you want to do still, I assume?

I’ve done an undergraduate degree
I’ve done an undergraduate degree

Righto, you said postgraduate, silly me. Well, there are a gazillion jobs that you can do in a hospital. There's nurses, healthcare assistants, phlebotomists, radiographers, therapists, psychologists, health care scientists, pharmacists, APs... and many many many more. Too many to talk about them all in a single post. Browse the NHS careers website to have a look at all the careers that will land you inside a hospital and their entry requirements.

P.S.: I assume you applied to GEM and didn't get in? That's common. Try again. And if you haven't applied to GEM but still want to, do it.
(edited 1 month ago)
Righto, you said postgraduate, silly me. Well, there are a gazillion jobs that you can do in a hospital. There's nurses, healthcare assistants, phlebotomists, radiographers, therapists, psychologists, health care scientists, pharmacists, APs... and many many many more. Too many to talk about them all in a single post. Browse the NHS careers website to have a look at all the careers that will land you inside a hospital and their entry requirements.
P.S.: I assume you applied to GEM and didn't get in? That's common. Try again. And if you haven't applied to GEM but still want to, do it.

Yah, I was thinking more about post graduate course like psychology, dermatology and ophthalmology. Any tips?
Reply 7
Yah, I was thinking more about post graduate course like psychology, dermatology and ophthalmology. Any tips?

Dermatology and ophthalmology are specialties that need a medical degree. Is you BSc in Psychology, as this may be possible, if so, but probably not many people in the medicine forum who know about that.
Have you looked at Physician Associate courses?

Quick Reply

Latest