The Student Room Group

Dissertation submission

I’m anxious because when I was submitting my dissertation I realised there was something I overlooked so I went back to fix it however it was during the last minute before submission that I noticed and when I submitted it I didn’t realise that the contents page isn’t on one page as it’s meant to be but half way up with the title page .
Will this make me lose a lot of marks for presentation?
Reply 1
These things happen. If you hadnt adjusted it, you'd be worrying about the thing you'd overlooked! It ultimately depends how many marks are allocated to presentation. It will probably be noted in your feedback but if everything else is fine, then the damage should be minimal.
Original post by Anonymous
I’m anxious because when I was submitting my dissertation I realised there was something I overlooked so I went back to fix it however it was during the last minute before submission that I noticed and when I submitted it I didn’t realise that the contents page isn’t on one page as it’s meant to be but half way up with the title page .

Hey there,

I know how this feels, and I just submitted mine. It's understandable to feel anxious. Presentation matters, and it might be noted in your feedback. However, this minor error will not significantly affect your grade. Your content and research matter the most. Relax now, and take a deep breath!

Cheers,
Shri (MSc International Business Student).
Original post by Anonymous

Hello there Anon,
I understand this might be a frustrating situation, presentation is important, however not crucial. The most important part is your research and arguments to support your point.
This small mistake in formatting shouldn't change your final grade. The only time this would matter is a situation when your work is considered for an award or something similar. This happened to me with my dissertation, I didn't include an abstract, yet it did not affect my grade, my supervisor only asked to add it later to send over for evaluation.

Now you can relax and enjoy your break :smile:
Zuza - Bradford Student Rep
Try not to worry. I’ve just completed my 2nd undergraduate degree, plus I have a diploma in nursing. So studied lots. I think presentation is a small part of it really. Yes academic protocols have to be shown to be followed but really think is the content. When I read through mine I noticed a few things after submitting….and then I thought it’s done. I’m an old lady now but when I did my first degree I left completely to the last minute. I did on an electric type writer (prehistoric) I didn’t even have time to get bound (that was a requirement) gosh knows what state I handed it in in. It was Lancaster university and they weren’t very supported. Anyway I got a good grade. Think it’s just a relief to get through.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending