The Student Room Group

How can I improve my GCSE English literature?

Hi! Does anyone have any English literature tips, I’m stuck on around grades 6/7 and am hoping for an 8 I was wondering if anyone has any tips or good grade 9 analysis. I study Macbeth, Jekyll and Hyde, An inspector calls, and power and conflict poetry. I struggle will forming a well flowing essay my structure seems to be messy but I’m not sure how to improve. Tips from people who got 8/9s would amazing, thanks.
Reply 1
I am doing english lit this year too and Im currently on an 8.
To form well structured essays you should spend about 10 minutes planning your essay (if u know ur a slow writer, minimum 5 mins). Planning ur essay is how u get into thoughtful which is level 5. You should structure ur essay from beginning- middle -end, and make sure u always talk about the whole text otherwise u get capped. I used to struggle making my essays flow too - trust me planning rlly helps!
To get grade 9 ideas u need to say somethings that other people wont, so prolly something original, but it always helps to steal grade 9 ideas. Use PMT and Mr Salles Teaches English.
Also, make sure ur essay is structured around a wider message, if not more than one - because that is the whole point of the text so u have to talk about it.

Hope this helps!!
Reply 2
Original post by User_09
I am doing english lit this year too and Im currently on an 8.
To form well structured essays you should spend about 10 minutes planning your essay (if u know ur a slow writer, minimum 5 mins). Planning ur essay is how u get into thoughtful which is level 5. You should structure ur essay from beginning- middle -end, and make sure u always talk about the whole text otherwise u get capped. I used to struggle making my essays flow too - trust me planning rlly helps!
To get grade 9 ideas u need to say somethings that other people wont, so prolly something original, but it always helps to steal grade 9 ideas. Use PMT and Mr Salles Teaches English.
Also, make sure ur essay is structured around a wider message, if not more than one - because that is the whole point of the text so u have to talk about it.
Hope this helps!!

Thankyou so much!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending