The Student Room Group

Social Work

I have applied and hoping to hear back about offers for social work from queens and Ulster. Does anyone who is on or was on either course have any opinions on them and how they felt about it?
Thanks in advance.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Cao1243
I have applied and hoping to hear back about offers for social work from queens and Ulster. Does anyone who is on or was on either course have any opinions on them and how they felt about it?
Thanks in advance.

I’m the same, waiting to hear back from Queen’s! The wait is painful lol
Reply 2
Original post by chloesam_
I’m the same, waiting to hear back from Queen’s! The wait is painful lol

How do you feel the interview went for you?
Original post by Cao1243
How do you feel the interview went for you?

It was actually a lot more straightforward than I anticipated! I answered everything as best I could & just tried to imagine it as a face to face interview with eye contact & using my hands to speak. So they may have thought I was bananas 🤣. I wouldn’t be put off the process to re apply next year if I don’t get an offer! How did it go for you?
Reply 4
It was actually a lot more straightforward than I anticipated! I answered everything as best I could & just tried to imagine it as a face to face interview with eye contact & using my hands to speak. So they may have thought I was bananas 🤣. I wouldn’t be put off the process to re apply next year if I don’t get an offer! How did it go for you?

I won't lie I can't properly remember my interview but I believe I did okay (hopefully). The question about mental health stigma through me a bit when I first seen it as I wasn't expecting that to be the main focus but yeah hopefully we both did enough.
For the stigma question I mentioned about a lack of awareness about mental health. Can you remember what you mentioned?
Is queens ur first choice and then did u apply for anything else?
(edited 1 month ago)
Original post by Cao1243
I won't lie I can't properly remember my interview but I believe I did okay (hopefully). The question about mental health stigma through me a bit when I first seen it as I wasn't expecting that to be the main focus but yeah hopefully we both did enough.
For the stigma question I mentioned about a lack of awareness about mental health. Can you remember what you mentioned?
Is queens ur first choice and then did u apply for anything else?

We all must of all had different questions as I didn’t get that one! I’m sure you’ve done really well! It’s hard to know because we don’t know what they’re actually looking for when marking them 🙈😭, but all you can do it be yourself and hope for the best! Yes my only option is Queens for the 3 year route. What about you?
Reply 6
We all must of all had different questions as I didn’t get that one! I’m sure you’ve done really well! It’s hard to know because we don’t know what they’re actually looking for when marking them 🙈😭, but all you can do it be yourself and hope for the best! Yes my only option is Queens for the 3 year route. What about you?

What did you get for your final question?
I applied for Ulster and Queens but even though I live closer to Belfast I enjoyed Ulster more so hopefully I get an offer. What other courses did u apply for then?
Original post by Cao1243
What did you get for your final question?
I applied for Ulster and Queens but even though I live closer to Belfast I enjoyed Ulster more so hopefully I get an offer. What other courses did u apply for then?

I don’t wanna say just with the confidentiality statement 🙈 aww very good! I applied for social policy & sociology too at Queen’s and Ulster but I’m not gonna take them! Will just reapply to social work if I don’t get in this year. What about you?
Reply 8
I don’t wanna say just with the confidentiality statement 🙈 aww very good! I applied for social policy & sociology too at Queen’s and Ulster but I’m not gonna take them! Will just reapply to social work if I don’t get in this year. What about you?

I though the confidentiality statement only extended to after all the interviews were finished. Oh well u will hopefully get an offer from Queens and good luck with the wait.
Also someone in my class emailed either queens and Ulster about offers for interviews and they said start of may
Original post by Cao1243
I though the confidentiality statement only extended to after all the interviews were finished. Oh well u will hopefully get an offer from Queens and good luck with the wait.
Also someone in my class emailed either queens and Ulster about offers for interviews and they said start of may

Here’s hoping! Thank you & good luck to you too. Oooh hopefully it’s soon then 🙌
Reply 10
Here’s hoping! Thank you & good luck to you too. Oooh hopefully it’s soon then 🙌

Hopefully cause the wait is killing me. Cause like if I didn't get it just tell me rather than wait like 4 months just to hear back when people get their offers.
Original post by Cao1243
Hopefully cause the wait is killing me. Cause like if I didn't get it just tell me rather than wait like 4 months just to hear back when people get their offers.

Yeah it’s a hard wait but hopefully be worth it!
Reply 12
Yeah it’s a hard wait but hopefully be worth it!

Sorry for misleading u earlier but just checked with the person who found out about dates and it is the middle of May so probably the very last day 😅 before we hear back
Original post by Cao1243
Sorry for misleading u earlier but just checked with the person who found out about dates and it is the middle of May so probably the very last day 😅 before we hear back
Aww no probs apparently Queens especially always wait until UCAS deadline before they make offers 😭 I have my exams this week, the 15th and 20th so it’s a bad time to be waiting lol
Reply 14
Aww no probs apparently Queens especially always wait until UCAS deadline before they make offers 😭 I have my exams this week, the 15th and 20th so it’s a bad time to be waiting lol

Damn 15th that's rough. I have until 28th till my first and luckily finish on the 12th. But good luck in them
Original post by Cao1243
Damn 15th that's rough. I have until 28th till my first and luckily finish on the 12th. But good luck in them

Right in the middle of it lol. Aww thank you, same to you! What are you currently studying?
Reply 16
Right in the middle of it lol. Aww thank you, same to you! What are you currently studying?

In school doing sport, health and social care and life and health science (if yhe waiting times for the offers won't kill me then revising for science will)
WBU when it comes to courses ?
Original post by Cao1243
In school doing sport, health and social care and life and health science (if yhe waiting times for the offers won't kill me then revising for science will)
WBU when it comes to courses ?

Aww brilliant, they sound like good subjects to set you up for social work! I’m doing the access in biological/biomedical sciences! I feel ya with science being a killer 🤣
Reply 18
Aww brilliant, they sound like good subjects to set you up for social work! I’m doing the access in biological/biomedical sciences! I feel ya with science being a killer 🤣

Literally no need for them to be such a pain am I right especially chemistry. R u at met then?
Original post by Cao1243
Literally no need for them to be such a pain am I right especially chemistry. R u at met then?

Oh I know lol. I done chemistry last year was glad to be done with it! Yeah I am 😀

Quick Reply

Latest