The Student Room Group

(edited 2 months ago)
Reply 1
Original post by a—khan
I’m thinking of applying through UCAS Extra for Diagnostic Radiography, however my original course was something completely different, so does my personal statement matter? And also, is it likely to get interviewed while using Extra or should I wait till results day? Thank you.

I would call the uni you're looking to apply to and see if they would be happy to take an additional personal statement. The same with interviews - call them and ask.

If you've got the opportunity to use Extra, go for it. Don't rely on Clearing.
Reply 2
Have you checked that this is even available in Extra - at UCAS and then phoning any Unisi to check? And do you have any relevant healthcare experience?

Courses like this are rarely available in Clearing - because they need an interview and most Unis cannot organise that around the typical Results Day. You may need to be much more realistic about switching subjects at this late stage.
Original post by a—khan

All DR courses interview, even in clearing (and there is a lot of competition for any places that do end up in clearing). Do you have relevant shadowing and public-facing work/volunteering experience? If not, consider taking a gap year so that you can work in a healthcare setting and organise some shadowing experience at a DR department in hospital.
(edited 2 months ago)

Quick Reply