The Student Room Group

Finance Work Placements for year 12???

Hello! Does anyone know how to get any good work placements/ experience during year 12 summer? I want something to put on uni applications but i also want to try out different work roles (specifically something in finance/ mathematics) to see if that’s the path i want to go down as not sure what want to do in future.

I am doing A-levels in Maths, Law, Business and AS psychology, so maybe i should try one of them. Again not sure what I want to do in future but would like so do a placement/work experience type thing to try figure things out before uni applications start. I’m in west midlands. Thank you!!!
Original post by Kelly0121
Hello! Does anyone know how to get any good work placements/ experience during year 12 summer? I want something to put on uni applications but i also want to try out different work roles (specifically something in finance/ mathematics) to see if that’s the path i want to go down as not sure what want to do in future.
I am doing A-levels in Maths, Law, Business and AS psychology, so maybe i should try one of them. Again not sure what I want to do in future but would like so do a placement/work experience type thing to try figure things out before uni applications start. I’m in west midlands. Thank you!!!

hsbc, jp Morgan, morgan Stanley, Lloyds and Barclays all have work experience/ insight days if you search ‘___ early careers’

hope this helps ! 😊

Quick Reply