The Student Room Group

Health and social care Gcse

Hey everyone! Firstly a massive thanks to anyone who replied to my story ‘please help (long,sorry’ you have kinda helped so you’re so amazing.

Anyway, I’m thinking of changing sports science gcse for Health and social care, but my parents aren’t letting me. My HOY is willing to help me change it and have meetings, but they still won’t.

Is there any chance someone could help me come up with some points to say to my parents about why health and social care is a useful subject? Just for some more context, I want to go into the therapy profession and I think H&S will be more useful than sports science.

Thank you 🤍🤍🤍
Fantastic to hear that you are thinking you might want to go into therapy as a career in the future 🙂

Health and Social Care at GCSE is great to introduce you to the healthcare field and is a good starting point that leads on well for Health and Social Care at A-Level or College. Often at A-Level/College, Health and Social Care courses have placements/experience build in that provides you with more of an insight into the sector and looks great for applications (whether it is job or university!). It will often provide you with practical skills training too, and most jobs/universities will be looking for you to have as much experience and insight as possible, so starting with Health and Social Care at GCSE is a good option.
I would look into therapy as a career and the pathways that are suggested to get there, as you might find that recommended routes are degree level study in a healthcare field (i.e nursing, physiotherapy, counselling, social work etc), and then work backwards to see what you would need to support you getting into that degree. It might help to see a pathway to the career which incorporates Health and Social Care 🙂
Reply 2
Original post by CCCU Health Rep
Fantastic to hear that you are thinking you might want to go into therapy as a career in the future 🙂
Health and Social Care at GCSE is great to introduce you to the healthcare field and is a good starting point that leads on well for Health and Social Care at A-Level or College. Often at A-Level/College, Health and Social Care courses have placements/experience build in that provides you with more of an insight into the sector and looks great for applications (whether it is job or university!). It will often provide you with practical skills training too, and most jobs/universities will be looking for you to have as much experience and insight as possible, so starting with Health and Social Care at GCSE is a good option.
I would look into therapy as a career and the pathways that are suggested to get there, as you might find that recommended routes are degree level study in a healthcare field (i.e nursing, physiotherapy, counselling, social work etc), and then work backwards to see what you would need to support you getting into that degree. It might help to see a pathway to the career which incorporates Health and Social Care 🙂

Thank you soo much 🤗

Quick Reply

Latest