The Student Room Group

Scholarships at Kingston or Goldsmiths University.

Does Kingston or Goldsmiths University provide scholarships or discounts to international PG students without applying for it? I know there are few scholarships provided by them but it isn't quite easy to get them. And I didn't get any information regarding discounts/scholarships in my offer letter.
Original post by MrCyberp0nk
Does Kingston or Goldsmiths University provide scholarships or discounts to international PG students without applying for it? I know there are few scholarships provided by them but it isn't quite easy to get them. And I didn't get any information regarding discounts/scholarships in my offer letter.

Scholarships are quite rare. Email the unis and ask if you would be eligible for any.

Hi there @MrCyberp0nk , Kingston Uni offers a few scholarships for international postgraduate students such as the international scholarship. You can click on the link below to check out some of the other bursaries or scholarships you may be applicable for. I hope this helps! 🙂
Scholarships - https://www.kingston.ac.uk/postgraduate/fees-and-funding/funding-your-course/scholarships/
(scroll down to international)

Zhi En
(Kingston Student Rep.)
Reply 3
Original post by Kingston Reps
Hi there @MrCyberp0nk , Kingston Uni offers a few scholarships for international postgraduate students such as the international scholarship. You can click on the link below to check out some of the other bursaries or scholarships you may be applicable for. I hope this helps! 🙂
Scholarships - https://www.kingston.ac.uk/postgraduate/fees-and-funding/funding-your-course/scholarships/
(scroll down to international)
Zhi En
(Kingston Student Rep.)

Yes, I have applied for International Scholarship a day ago. But haven't received a confirmation email yet. Thank you for the reply though. Any more detailed information not mentioned in website regarding this scholarship is much appreciated.
Yes, I have applied for International Scholarship a day ago. But haven't received a confirmation email yet. Thank you for the reply though. Any more detailed information not mentioned in website regarding this scholarship is much appreciated.

Hi there @MrCyberp0nk , I totally understand how challenging searching for scholarships and funding is. Aside from internal scholarships and bursaries given by universities, maybe the other option is to look for private or government funded scholarship programmes within the UK or within your home country. However these are usually highly competitive or only for specific countries or fields of study. The British Council offers a few scholarships that may be of interest to you, such as the GREAT, Chevening, and Commonwealth scholarships. I am not sure if this is applicable for your course but I hope this helps!

Zhi En
(Kingston Student Rep.)
(edited 2 months ago)

Quick Reply