The Student Room Group

car insurance renewal as a young person

Hello,

For context, I’m a 19 year old college student studying a T-level (which I’ll do until I’m almost 21) with possible aspiration to go onto a degree apprenticeship as it’s the most optimal pathway for my industry.

I passed my driving test in the middle of March and got insured in April. However this has raised worry for me.. when my policy renews, I’ll still be a student but not for long after renewal date. If anything - 2 months. So my question is:

What do I tell my insurers (Hastings Direct YouDrive) once renewal is due to come?

P.S im still uncertain as to whether degree apprenticeship is the path for me or not so that uncertainty could cause insurance to void in the future? Potentially? Idk I’m scared 🥲

P.P.S do apprentices class as students? This whole general term around students makes my head hurt 🤣
Original post by amhick18
Hello,

For context, I’m a 19 year old college student studying a T-level (which I’ll do until I’m almost 21) with possible aspiration to go onto a degree apprenticeship as it’s the most optimal pathway for my industry.

I passed my driving test in the middle of March and got insured in April. However this has raised worry for me.. when my policy renews, I’ll still be a student but not for long after renewal date. If anything - 2 months. So my question is:

What do I tell my insurers (Hastings Direct YouDrive) once renewal is due to come?

P.S im still uncertain as to whether degree apprenticeship is the path for me or not so that uncertainty could cause insurance to void in the future? Potentially? Idk I’m scared 🥲

P.P.S do apprentices class as students? This whole general term around students makes my head hurt 🤣

You ask, "What do I tell my insurers (Hastings Direct YouDrive) once renewal is due to come?'

About what? Whether you're a student or not? You tell them you're a student (as that will be accurate at the time). Once you're no longer a student, you let them know that your circumstances have changed.
Reply 2
Original post by DataVenia
You ask, "What do I tell my insurers (Hastings Direct YouDrive) once renewal is due to come?'
About what? Whether you're a student or not? You tell them you're a student (as that will be accurate at the time). Once you're no longer a student, you let them know that your circumstances have changed.

Ahhh i see thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending