The Student Room Group

I don't thinm I an write my dissertation in time

Hi guys. So my 7000 word dissertation is due in 9 days. I only have a draft / incomplete messy plan of notes for my literature review only (2000 words).

Do I even stand a chance?? I'm so exhausted and so silly.

I am so scared I won't make it. My grades are never high anyways ans I also take way too long to even write a final plan because i take forever reorganising what I have.
Probably not if you're aiming for a high grade, or if you need to collect data, or do statistics etc
But otherwise get a cup of tea/biscuits and start writing !!
P.s mine is due Monday
Reply 2
With the time you have left, you should do a top to tail audit of what you have, identify any sections that are good enough and any that are missing/incomplete - it's the latter you need to focus on. Leave at least 24 hours for a final ready through/tidy/proof-read and for finalising all your references (making sure that in-text citations are given for qiotes and paraphrases) and that anything cited is listed in the Bibliography.
Original post by Anonymous
Hi guys. So my 7000 word dissertation is due in 9 days. I only have a draft / incomplete messy plan of notes for my literature review only (2000 words).
I am so scared I won't make it. My grades are never high anyways ans I also take way too long to even write a final plan because i take forever reorganising what I have.

Hi!

The others who replied have given good advice but what I would like to add is you could possibly go for an extension on your dissertation to give you 5-10 more days to work on it. Most universities offer 5 day extensions without evidence, but they require a reason and evidence to acquire a 10 day extension.

I hope this helps!

Estelle
Third Year Psychology
University of Huddersfield
Original post by Anonymous

Hi,

Applying for an extension seems like a good idea. The university might be able to offer you a 10-day extension or a new opportunity to do the assignment. The reason for the extension can be mental health, physical health, or unforeseen external circumstances. I believe the GP can give a note saying what has happened and why this has impaired your ability to complete work on time.

If your thesis is 7,000 words you have 2,000 drafts then you have 5,000 to complete in 8 days which is about 625 per day. I know it still sounds overwhelming but pacing yourself to write 625 is a more achievable goal. I also have a messy mind, and printing the journal articles helped me better organise my research.

Please do not give up. Last year I believed that my grade would not be high either, but got 2:1 at the end.

Do you know roughly what goes in each section and what you want to put where?

Hristiana (Kingston rep)
1st Year Mental Health Student Nurse
Update - quite late - I did it guys :smile:

Quick Reply