The Student Room Group

Change or cancel student finance

I've changed courses should I cancel and reapply for student finance? I'm doing part time distance learning and don't have access to a printer at the moment due to being I'll with my disabilities, my course is also out of town by a long way so can't get the university to fill in a change of circumstances form. Would it be easier to cancel and reapply for my student finance
Original post by Koo84
I've changed courses should I cancel and reapply for student finance? I'm doing part time distance learning and don't have access to a printer at the moment due to being I'll with my disabilities, my course is also out of town by a long way so can't get the university to fill in a change of circumstances form. Would it be easier to cancel and reapply for my student finance

Hi there,

Have you made a full-time application, or is it a part-time application that you've made?

Thanks, Graeme
Reply 2
Original post by Graeme SFE
Hi there,
Have you made a full-time application, or is it a part-time application that you've made?
Thanks, Graeme

Part time
Original post by Koo84

When does your new course begin and was the previous course a full time course? Thanks, Jason
Reply 4
Original post by SFE Jason
When does your new course begin and was the previous course a full time course? Thanks, Jason

New course starts July and old course was part time too
Original post by Koo84
New course starts July and old course was part time too

Thank you and finally when did your last course start? Thanks, Jason
Reply 6
Original post by SFE Jason
Thank you and finally when did your last course start? Thanks, Jason

Mid May
Original post by Koo84
Mid May

H there,

If you're starting July it would be still the 23/24 application. You can change this by completing the Change of circumstances Form. If you can't print this you would need to call us to request this to be posted to you on 0300 100 0607.

Thanks,
Claire
Reply 8
I can't get it filled in by the University neither as they are about 200 miles away! I would need to wait for you to post it, fill it in, wait until I next have someone who could go out and post it for me and then wait for the University to post it back to you! Would it not just be easier to cancel and reapply as at least I could do that from my computer at home? I don't see why the process penalises part-time students, distance learning students and disabled students. If I was full time, I could just fill it all out online (but unfortunately due to disability I can't study full time or near to me, that is the whole point)
Original post by Koo84
I can't get it filled in by the University neither as they are about 200 miles away! I would need to wait for you to post it, fill it in, wait until I next have someone who could go out and post it for me and then wait for the University to post it back to you! Would it not just be easier to cancel and reapply as at least I could do that from my computer at home? I don't see why the process penalises part-time students, distance learning students and disabled students. If I was full time, I could just fill it all out online (but unfortunately due to disability I can't study full time or near to me, that is the whole point)

We can't cancel applications over social media. You would still complete the COC form to request the application to be cancelled.

Thanks,
Claire

Quick Reply