The Student Room Group

My school added a random subject to my exam timetable

Can I call the exam board to get it removed? My school added statistics randomly for every single person in my year (foundation aswell) and I want consistent grades so could I just call edexcel to get that GCSE removed as nobody was told about statistics being added until we got our exam timetable. Thanks
Reply 1
Original post by xbxyi
Can I call the exam board to get it removed? My school added statistics randomly for every single person in my year (foundation aswell) and I want consistent grades so could I just call edexcel to get that GCSE removed as nobody was told about statistics being added until we got our exam timetable. Thanks

that's strange. have u studied statistics at all in y10 or y11
Reply 2
Original post by hh1209
that's strange. have u studied statistics at all in y10 or y11

Nope, we did in the beginning of year 11 for about 2 weeks (like 3 lessons max) during tutor but we stopped because we didn't do the subject enough, then all of a sudden when we all got our exam timetable everyone was entered for foundation statistics no matter the set you were. I personally don't want to risk it with my school and have them do nothing because generally they don't do anything, so I was wondering if I could just call the examination board because I do not want an X on my results.
Reply 3
Original post by xbxyi
Nope, we did in the beginning of year 11 for about 2 weeks (like 3 lessons max) during tutor but we stopped because we didn't do the subject enough, then all of a sudden when we all got our exam timetable everyone was entered for foundation statistics no matter the set you were. I personally don't want to risk it with my school and have them do nothing because generally they don't do anything, so I was wondering if I could just call the examination board because I do not want an X on my results.

that's probs the smart thing to do - I would do that too.
in the end of the day, its adding another subject to worry about in an already packed schedule
Reply 4
Original post by hh1209
that's probs the smart thing to do - I would do that too.
in the end of the day, its adding another subject to worry about in an already packed schedule

Yeah exactly can't be bothered asw to attend 3 days after physics p2 haha. Thanks for help :smile:

Quick Reply