The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

How long does UCL take to give out offers?

I need to reply to multiple universities with an answer including KCL. Luckily enough I got an extension. UCL being my top priority I really want to wait for their decision but I also don't want to lose out on the other offers if I miss the deadline. Does anyone know approximately when I can expect a decision from them?
Reply 1
Original post by shriya_155
I need to reply to multiple universities with an answer including KCL. Luckily enough I got an extension. UCL being my top priority I really want to wait for their decision but I also don't want to lose out on the other offers if I miss the deadline. Does anyone know approximately when I can expect a decision from them?

they have to give you a reply before 16th may because that's the UCAS deadline.
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

For undergraduate study they give out offers routinely right up until the UCAS deadline for unis to issue offers which the 16th of May.

However you do not need to reply to your other choices until you receive all your decisions and from the 16th of May you have up until the 6th of June to make a decision.

If other universities are pressuring you to accept offers or saying you won't get accommodation if you don't accept it early you should report them to UCAS, as UCAS is cracking down on these practices because the universities shouldn't be doing that.
(edited 2 months ago)
Reply 3
Original post by u3mqarty
they have to give you a reply before 16th may because that's the UCAS deadline.

I am a post-grad international applicant. I am not applying through UCAS that's why it might be different for me.
I am a post-grad international applicant. I am not applying through UCAS that's why it might be different for me.

Ah in that case it's a bit different. It's hard to say when they'll make an offer by as I think for PG applications it's very much dependent on each uni and even each department. It's ultimately a case of weighing up for yourself if you would rather take the other offer now or wait for UCL.

Quick Reply