The Student Room Group

First time shoplifting and got caught

I was out in town and I was bored and didn't get this thought of buying smth but I didn't have enough money for that so I decided to shoplift for the
first time and I tried the employee caught me and said I was disgusting to do such thing and I agree I didn't know what I was thinking they didn't take
my details they said they had seen me on camera and said the police will get in but I don't know what will happen because I'm only 13 this happened in superdrug and I don't want the police to get involved because that will ruin my life and me 💔😭 but I do have a feeling they won't get police involved 😕 but I don't know some one tell me what to do
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
I was out in town and I was bored and didn't get this thought of buying smth but I didn't have enough money for that so I decided to shoplift for the
first time and I tried the employee caught me and said I was disgusting to do such thing and I agree I didn't know what I was thinking they didn't take
my details they said they had seen me on camera and said the police will get in but I don't know what will happen because I'm only 13 this happened in superdrug and I don't want the police to get involved because that will ruin my life and me 💔😭 but I do have a feeling they won't get police involved 😕 but I don't know some one tell me what to do

don't worry about it, people shoplift all the time and the police have bigger problems to deal with. Your young just don't make the same mistake again.
As someone who was sort of a prolific teenage shoplifter (no longer partake because my place at uni is worth way more than that lol), almost all stores won't prosecute on the first offence and will wait to build up a case against you (usually when you've stolen around £200+ worth of stuff) because it would be more expensive for them to take you to court than to just lose the value of what you took (shrinkage is also already factored in when they set their prices). The employee probably just saw that you were young and looked like you hadn't done this before and thought they could "scare you straight". You'll be fine. If it's a chain, it's free rein. Big corporations have already stolen more from the working class than you could ever steal from them. Good luck. 🙂 (should probably edit and say I'm not encouraging you to do it again lol)
(edited 2 months ago)
Original post by Anonymous

Lmao bait and obvious was the way huh. Don’t you know you’ll get suspected of shoplifting. You’ll probably get suspended and banned from that shop. It’s a lenient let off but anything like that with police in custody could potentially go down as a conviction so learn from your mistake.
Reply 4
Original post by Mohammed_2000
Lmao bait and obvious was the way huh. Don’t you know you’ll get suspected of shoplifting. You’ll probably get suspended and banned from that shop. It’s a lenient let off but anything like that with police in custody could potentially go down as a conviction so learn from your mistake.

I will indeed learn from it I regret it deeply
how did you get caught I use to do the same thing but then I just stopped because it was boring

Quick Reply