The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website

Newcastle Diversity

Anyone from Newcastle? How diverse is the city and is it busy.
Original post by Anonymous

Hey! I'm from Newcastle and personally think it's a very diverse city! It's lovely to walk around and see loads of different types of people although I have lived here my whole life so obviously take it with a pinch of salt. It can get busy during peak times and with footy matches and events like protests etc. but it is usually a normal level of busy for your average city, nowhere near London for example. Hope this helps and if you've got any more questions I'd be happy to offer my personal experience :smile:))
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website
Original post by Anonymous

Hi

The answer from @liblob101205 is great and perfectly explains the diversity and liveliness of Newcastle. To add to it, Newcastle is a big city so you benefit from all the diversity of culture, food, sport, music and busyness of a big city. Compared to other similar sized cities Newcastle is always alive and there is always something going on. There is also a very large student population so you will always find some kind of student activity going on.

From a university perspective we have a thriving community of students from all over the UK and the world which makes the student body quite diverse. We also have lots of societies that reflect the diversity of the student body. You can find a full list here. Societies are a great way to connect with communities of people and they often host events and have links into different social groups in the city too.

I hope that answers your question!
Jeremy 😀

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending