The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Religious Studies B Paper 1 (8063/1) - 9th May 2024 [Exam Chat]

Poll

How did the AQA GCSE Religious Studies B Paper 1 exam go for you?

AQA GCSE Religious Studies B Paper 1 (8063/1) | 9th May 2024 [Exam Chat]

Welcome to the exam discussion thread for this exam. Introduce yourself! Let others know what you're aiming for in your exams, what you are struggling with in your revision or anything else.
Wishing you all the best of luck.

General Information
Date/Time: 9th May 2024 AM
Length: 1h 45m

Link to Study Group:
GCSE Religious Studies Study Group 2023-2024
Link to Master Thread:
GCSE Exam Discussions 2024
Specification
GCSE Religious Studies B
(edited 1 month ago)

Scroll to see replies

And this
Reply 2
any predicted 12 markers or topics for Christianity and Buddhism?
Original post by jess123x
any predicted 12 markers or topics for Christianity and Buddhism?

wrong thread bud
Reply 4
Original post by rebeccasam
wrong thread bud

no this is religious studies
Original post by jess123x
no this is religious studies

This is religious studies B so I don’t know if Buddhism is on this spec or not.
Original post by Talkative Toad
Welcome to the exam discussion thread for this exam. Introduce yourself! Let others know what you're aiming for in your exams, what you are struggling with in your revision or anything else.
General Information
Link to Study Group:
Link to Master Thread:
Specification
GCSE Religious Studies B

THAT TEST WENT SO SO GOOD but the kingdom of god topic rlly threw me off AND OMG THAT AGNUS DEI QUESTION
Reply 7
went well got a one marker wrong 😭 bit stupid but it was okay, the imamate question threw me right off so hopefully I did okay. the 12 markers were delicious
Original post by Talkative Toad
General Information
Link to Study Group:
Link to Master Thread:
Specification
GCSE Religious Studies B

this **** was so ******* hard guys wtf do i do i have to cook in themes otherwise im not making it to sixth form i couldnt asnwer a single question :frown:
Reply 9
wallahi goated paper icl that sangat 12 marker was the worst wording i ever seen in my life
Original post by 1uvdelluna
THAT TEST WENT SO SO GOOD but the kingdom of god topic rlly threw me off AND OMG THAT AGNUS DEI QUESTION

Omg yes i prayed that trinity and eschatology didn't come up and it came true!! Agnus Dei is the lamb of god one right? All the people who walked out of that exam said it was easy so it think the grade boundaries will be high.

yesss omg the agnus dei i acc wanted to cry because whole test was soooo gd and that wld have been an easy 2 marks bagged😭😭
yo what did u guys write for the last 12 marker on catholic agencies should only be local and not global
Original post by toby.okelola
yo what did u guys write for the last 12 marker on catholic agencies should only be local and not global

Agree:
Local charities like SVP help local community through food banks and visiting elderly- Charity with idea of mission follows the idea that "God is love" John
Supporting local areas means you know where the money is going (not corrupt), you can see the effects directly.

Disagree:
Youcat says we should help the most needy- other areas in the world have a much higher poverty rate than the Uk.
Jesus taught us to love our neighbour- this does not only mean the people close to us but all the people in the world.
Cafod is a global charity which helps the environment everywhere- this helps the whole world as we can all be affected by the environment and will save future generations- Pope Francis says in Laudauto si "the world is turning into an immense pile of filth".
This was my best 12 marker and i did all my 12 markers: 1 agree, 1 disagree, 2 agree, 2 disagree and conclusion.
I kind of messed up the paper for time management and i wrote only 3 paragraphs for the last question. Whats the maximum mark i can get?
Original post by seagull11
I kind of messed up the paper for time management and i wrote only 3 paragraphs for the last question. Whats the maximum mark i can get?

if u managed to get everything else done then you're probably gonna lose only 6 marks for the last q so maybe between 85-90 u may get so thats around a grade 8 and 9 so thats still rlly good

wdym u only wrote 3 paragraphs? i wrote a massive agree and disagree and conclusion for all my 12 markers
Original post by toby.okelola
wdym u only wrote 3 paragraphs? i wrote a massive agree and disagree and conclusion for all my 12 markers

as in i wrote 2 disagree and 1 agree paragraph cause i couldnt come up with anything
if u managed to get everything else done then you're probably gonna lose only 6 marks for the last q so maybe between 85-90 u may get so thats around a grade 8 and 9 so thats still rlly good

tbh i think i misinterpreted the first question as well. I wrote about how the genesis stories could be myths but i focused a bit too much on science and why it proves the genesis stories are incorrect. I didnt mention like human error, jesus being the word of God etc so i mightve lost a lot of marks there
tbh i think i misinterpreted the first question as well. I wrote about how the genesis stories could be myths but i focused a bit too much on science and why it proves the genesis stories are incorrect. I didnt mention like human error, jesus being the word of God etc so i mightve lost a lot of marks there
maybe then in between grade 6-8 depending how many marks you lost but its still a decent grade

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending