The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

University of Manchester accomodation

I was recently looking into the UoM as a possible uni choice for 2025 entry. I got curious and searched on tiktok what people thought of the accommodation and found it quite appalling: rats everywhere, cramped rooms, floods in the corridors, mold, etc. Apparently there was also a rent strike recently as despite these unsanitary conditions the students had to pay quite a bit of money...
I was wondering if this was true, as well as getting more reviews from current students.
Although it's not great, you tend to see the rare instances more than the everyday ones. Ive lived in Oak House (arguably the worst halls in the UK) for the past year and ive seen no rats, and probably about 10 silverfish. The rooms aren't great and they can be a bit mouldy but the facilities staff are generally good at sorting this out. Its not the best accommodation don't get me wrong and is expensive compared to the quality and other places, but its not god awful.
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Reply 2
hey, I'm a current student at Manchester living in Oak House.
It's true that there are rats, and as I'm writing our boilers have broken, so no hot water. I would say that as the cheapest accom, it hasn't been horrific and we get sofas, which more expensive accoms such as Richmond Park do not. They're knocking it down anyway so it's pretty cool to say you were in one of the last years to ever stay there.

If you want a nice accom, I would say Unsworth Park. It's super modern, spacious and sociable, the only downside being its price.
Original post by neonori
I was recently looking into the UoM as a possible uni choice for 2025 entry. I got curious and searched on tiktok what people thought of the accommodation and found it quite appalling: rats everywhere, cramped rooms, floods in the corridors, mold, etc. Apparently there was also a rent strike recently as despite these unsanitary conditions the students had to pay quite a bit of money...
I was wondering if this was true, as well as getting more reviews from current students.

Hi there,

We're sorry to hear that many students have had negative experiences at their UoM student accommodation. Casita offers a wide range of off-campus UoM student accommodation options, which come with dedicated on-site staff and services. Some of our top picks at Casita include::
Sir Charles Groves Hall
Unite Students Kincardine Court
Circle Square
Artisan Heights

For more details, contact our dedicated multilingual staff with any questions regarding Manchester student accommodation free of charge.

Quick Reply