Can a guy and a girl ever be "Just" friends? Watch

This discussion is closed.
technik
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by ladyshort4u)
Can a guy and a girl ever be just friends...??
of course.
Dude
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by grace)
and i bet you've wanted to try it on with each and every one of them at some point. Go on, admit it.
As four of them are gay and the rest are bi, no I havn't. I'll ammit that most of them are very attractive, but I just think of them as my mates.
grace
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Dude)
As four of them are gay and the rest are bi, no I havn't. I'll ammit that most of them are very attractive, but I just think of them as my mates.
just because they wouldn't doesn't mean you wouldn't :P and as i said, i don't believe anyone who says otherwise.
Makavelli_07
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Dude)
Lesbians? Bisexuals? That's even better. :P: And they're attractive. You must be gay.
Mrs_F
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by F. Poste)
Without a doubt! I would have had at least 50 boyfriends if this was true...
Yep same here. I have plenty of male friends who I am not attracted to in the slighest. They are just friends and that's it.
grace
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by lynseyweth)
Yep same here. I have plenty of male friends who I am not attracted to in the slighest. They are just friends and that's it.
if you're friends with them, you ARE attracted to them on some level. Think about it. You wouldn't be friends with them if you weren't attracted to some facet of their personality ---> you don't neccessarily have to be physically attracted to someone to be attracted to them.
wiwarin_mir
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by grace)
if you're friends with them, you ARE attracted to them on some level. Think about it. You wouldn't be friends with them if you weren't attracted to some facet of their personality ---> you don't neccessarily have to be physically attracted to someone to be attracted to them.
I am sure she meant not attracted to them on that level.
Dude
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Makavelli_07)
Lesbians? Bisexuals? That's even better. :P: And they're attractive. You must be gay.
One of the lesbians has been my best mate for nearly 6 years now, so I don't think of her in that way. She is like my little sister. And as I witness girls getting off every friday night, I've gone off lesbians and bi women.

Trust me, I just think of them as my mates.
Dude
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by wiwarin_mir)
I am sure she meant not attracted to them on that level.
Exacity what I was gonna say.

Nice avatar wiwarin. Almost didn't reconise you.
Mrs_F
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by grace)
Ok then not sexually attracted to them.
wiwarin_mir
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Dude)
Exacity what I was gonna say.

Nice avatar wiwarin. Almost didn't reconise you.
I thought it was time for a change.
need_money
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Yes, i think its possible. I have a mate whos a boy, we're really close and tell each other everything but we have never even been close to having "sparks fly".
Va Va Voom
Report 14 years ago
yes they most definitely can. i have a lot of male freinds that are just that. friends. i have never considered them to be anything more
Profesh
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Not as far as I'm concerned; but then, I've never had a choice in the matter.
grace
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Profesh)
Not as far as I'm concerned; but then, I've never had a choice in the matter.
Thank you profesh for illustrating my point perfectly. Listen up boys and girls, ----> see, i think you'll find this is generally the attitude of at least one party in the friendship. Just because YOU have never wanted things to go further does not mean that the other person in question doesn't. Therefore the relationship is not completely platonic.

case closed.
LaUrEn :-)
Report 14 years ago
2 of my best friends in the world r guys, although one did get to kno me coz he used to like me! lol but i wudnt change them for the world

I find it easier talkin to guys sumtimes!!
Va Va Voom
Report 14 years ago
the question was "can a guy and a girl ever be just friends?" even if one of them has other feelings, it does not mean that they cannot be just friends. i fail to see your reasoning grace on why they can't be
Mrs_F
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by grace)
Thank you profesh for illustrating my point perfectly. Listen up boys and girls, ----> see, i think you'll find this is generally the attitude of at least one party in the friendship. Just because YOU have never wanted things to go further does not mean that the other person in question doesn't. Therefore the relationship is not completely platonic.

case closed.
Case opened. Of course it is totally platonic! I have male friends, who are engaged to be married to beautiful girls. I am also engaged to be married to a gorgeous man, therefore neither myself or my male friend find each other attractive sexually only as friends who we can all go out together with at weekends and have a bit chat and a laugh. Both myself and the males who I am friends with are perfectly happy and in love with our own partners and so therefore don't find each other attractive. It is totally possible to have a platonic relationship with the opposite sex, especially if the other person is a totally ugly lol. You won't be sexually attracted to them then!
Profesh
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I get on well with everyone; although historically, my male-female relationships have been more productive. Then again, that may simply be because I instil more effort into the latter :rolleyes:

Lynseyweth makes a perfectly valid point, however: it certainly is possible for some people to maintain friendships with those regarding whom there exists no underlying sexual attraction or ulterior motive, to speak of.
SJ No.18
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
The answer seems to be no ...http://www.laddertheory.com/
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (23)
6.8%
They might tell the bully (33)
9.76%
I don't think they'd understand (51)
15.09%
It might lead to more bullying (129)
38.17%
There's nothing they could do (102)
30.18%

Watched Threads