I still don't agree!
Makavelli_07
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by SJ No.18)
The answer seems to be no ...http://www.laddertheory.com/
I found that site to be very amusing, and very true. Good find.
SJ No.18
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by lynseyweth)
I still don't agree!
Many guys would disagree and anyway how would a women know. Guys think differently to you, just because you think a guy is a friend does not mean he wouldn't like to tap that ass if you gave him the chance. Unless of course, if you are proper ugly, are you proper ugly ? .
Mrs_F
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Many guys would disagree and anyway how would a women know. Guys think differently to you, just because you think a guy is a friend does not mean he wouldn't like to tap that ass if you gave him the chance. Unless of course, if you are proper ugly, are you proper ugly ? .
No I wouldn't consider myself to be ugly, my point is many of my male friends are planning their weddings and so therefore are in love with other women and do not consider me as someone to have sex with.
Natalie Lane
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
One of my best friends is a guy, we've been friends since we were four...
Of course a guy and a girl can be frineds, just because you're a guy doesn't mean you're attracted to every girl in the world, just like girls aren't attracted to every guy, so why can't they be friends?
SJ No.18
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
No I wouldn't consider myself to be ugly, my point is many of my male friends are planning their weddings and so therefore are in love with other women and do not consider me as someone to have sex with.
That is because the women are probably on a higher reanking than you beauty wise. Just because you are in love does not mean if the situation arose it wouldn't happen. Many a happy married couple have cheated on one another, so it is not impossible.

If you are more attractive than the person he is marrying why don't you offer it on a plate to him, I bet he wouldn't say no babe.
SJ No.18
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Natalie Lane)
One of my best friends is a guy, we've been friends since we were four...
Of course a guy and a girl can be frineds, just because you're a guy doesn't mean you're attracted to every girl in the world, just like girls aren't attracted to every guy, so why can't they be friends?
If the guy thinks you are pretty then you can't, its not like a guy would fall for a girl who is as fit as the butchers dog
Makavelli_07
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
That is because the women are probably on a higher reanking than you beauty wise. Just because you are in love does not mean if the situation arose it wouldn't happen. Many a happy married couple have cheated on one another, so it is not impossible.

If you are more attractive than the person he is marrying why don't you offer it on a plate to him, I bet he wouldn't say no babe.
LOL, that deserves some rep.

I like your opinion on this, very true.
Natalie Lane
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
If the guy thinks you are pretty then you can't, its not like a guy would fall for a girl who is as fit as the butchers dog
not true, I think he's attractive but I'm not attracted to him, who know, maybe he can feel the same way... It's like we're brother and sister, it would be disgusting to think about him in any other way, doesn't mean I can't see he's a good looking guy...
Mrs_F
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago

Because I don't find him attractive and so wouldn't want to offer myself to him and I am happily engaged as well and so I really don't need to offer myself to him.
Also I wouldn't say any of my friends fiancees are any better than myself it has just happened that they are attracted to them girls sexually and are just friends with me.
Men and women can easily be friends without wanting to have sex at every possible opportunity.
SJ No.18
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
not true, I think he's attractive but I'm not attracted to him, who know, maybe he can feel the same way... It's like we're brother and sister, it would be disgusting to think about him in any other way, doesn't mean I can't see he's a good looking guy...
Im looking at this from the male perspective. Yes female can have friends but a guy cannot, this is mainly because males generally go for looks while females place a emphasis on money and power, that is why any attractive guy will not suffice for a women, he has to have a bit of mulah if you know what i'm saying.

If you are very attractive sexually there is no way he can be friends with you without wanting to pounce on you if you gave him the opportunity.
Mrs_F
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Im looking at this from the male perspective. Yes female can have friends but a guy cannot, this is mainly because males generally go for looks while females place a emphasis on money and power, that is why any attractive guy will not suffice for a women, he has to have a bit of mulah if you know what i'm saying.

If you are very attractive sexually there is no way he can be friends with you without wanting to pounce on you if you gave him the opportunity.
I really don't think you can speak for the whole male population. Maybe you are too narrow minded to see past looks and therefore you cannot have a female friend as you will want to jump straight into bed with them, but I am sure that there are many other males who are perfectly capable of being friends with an attractive girl without wanting to have sex with them.
SJ No.18
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Because I don't find him attractive and so wouldn't want to offer myself to him and I am happily engaged as well and so I really don't need to offer myself to him.
Also I wouldn't say any of my friends fiancees are any better than myself it has just happened that they are attracted to them girls sexually and are just friends with me.
Men and women can easily be friends without wanting to have sex at every possible opportunity.
Like I said to the other lady, Im speaking from a male perspective. Yes females can have male freinds but guys cannot be friends to attractive females without having sexual emtions for them.

you say your friends fiancees are not any better than yourself it has just happened that they are attracted to them girls sexually and are just friends with you.
The explanation for this is that

1)you are not attractive to them or
2) They were into you but you gave them a signal telling them to sling their hook, you were not interested.

either way the theory stands.
Va Va Voom
Report 14 years ago
I've had male friends who who've wanted to take a friendship further but i've turned them down..and we're still great friends. just because someone wants/wanted to 'pounce' on you at times as you put it SJ No.18, it doesn't mean that you cannot be friends
amo1
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
i dont think so... not truely
Natalie Lane
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
The explanation for this is that

1)you are not attractive to them or
2) They were into you but you gave them a signal telling them to sling their hook, you were not interested.

either way the theory stands.
You know being attracted to someone is not as simple as that... you can see that someone's good-looking without being attracted to them...
Harv616
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
ermmmmm i dont think so
ProvenAngel
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Va Va Voom)
I've had male friends who who've wanted to take a friendship further but i've turned them down..and we're still great friends. just because someone wants/wanted to 'pounce' on you at times as you put it SJ No.18, it doesn't mean that you cannot be friends
Totally agree
SJ No.18
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I really don't think you can speak for the whole male population. Maybe you are too narrow minded to see past looks and therefore you cannot have a female friend as you will want to jump straight into bed with them, but I am sure that there are many other males who are perfectly capable of being friends with an attractive girl without wanting to have sex with them.
Ouch . Of course I don't speak for the whole male population, a large segment may be gay so therefore they can have a perfect friendship with a hot girl without waning to hit that.
I can be freinds with a hot girl, but not friends in its proper sense. If she propositioned me I would not hesitate.

Those guys are lying babe
SJ No.18
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
You know being attracted to someone is not as simple as that... you can see that someone's good-looking without being attracted to them...
Yes females can, but this is because females dont just go on looks they go for other things like money and power. So a good-looking dust bin cleaner would not seem attractive to you, because they don't have money and power.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (11)
6.15%
They might tell the bully (18)
10.06%
I don't think they'd understand (30)
16.76%
It might lead to more bullying (69)
38.55%
There's nothing they could do (51)
28.49%

Watched Threads