Turn on thread page Beta

Can a guy and a girl ever be "Just" friends? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SJ No.18)
    Ouch . Of course I don't speak for the whole male population, a large segment may be gay so therefore they can have a perfect friendship with a hot girl without waning to hit that.
    I can be freinds with a hot girl, but not friends in its proper sense. If she propositioned me I would not hesitate.

Those guys are lying babe
    You are so frustrating! Not all men fancy all women and not all women fancy all men which means it is possible to have a friendship which is not based on sex.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Va Va Voom)
    I've had male friends who who've wanted to take a friendship further but i've turned them down..and we're still great friends. just because someone wants/wanted to 'pounce' on you at times as you put it SJ No.18, it doesn't mean that you cannot be friends
    You're great friends but if you were now to accept them as sex buddies also they would take the chance. Just because you are friends doesn't mean they have lost the desire to make love to you. They probably think about it continuosly when your with them . You are freinds but if he has sexual feelings for you , you are not friends in its most common sense.

ReputationRep:
    you are narrow-minded. not every straight male wants sex with every female they see, and not every female is after 'money and power'. how old are you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lynseyweth)
    You are so frustrating! Not all men fancy all women and not all women fancy all men which means it is possible to have a friendship which is not based on sex.
    Am i . Not all men are attractive to all women so you are correct. Only the attracive women does this apply to.

ReputationRep:
    not every straight male wants sex with every female they see
    Of course not. Just the hot ones.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grace)
    Thank you profesh for illustrating my point perfectly. Listen up boys and girls, ----> see, i think you'll find this is generally the attitude of at least one party in the friendship. Just because YOU have never wanted things to go further does not mean that the other person in question doesn't. Therefore the relationship is not completely platonic.

case closed.
    I have the perfect arguement here. MY BEST FRIEND IS A LESBIAN.

ReputationRep:
    Am i . Not all men are attractive to all women so you are correct. Only the attracive women does this apply to.
    Oh whatever. Can you not see that most people totally disagree with you? Including men? I bet you are still young and have a lot to learn about relationships.

ReputationRep:
    You're great friends but if you were now to accept them as sex buddies also they would take the chance. Just because you are friends doesn't mean they have lost the desire to make love to you. They probably think about it continuosly when your with them . You are freinds but if he has sexual feelings for you , you are not friends in its most common sense.
    that doesn't bother me. a friend to me is someone i like and enjoy spending time with and can talk to and listen to. if i can do with that with a guy that has the desire to make love to me everytime i am with him, again as you put it, then all's good.

ReputationRep:
    you are narrow-minded. not every straight male wants sex with every female they see, and not every female is after 'money and power'. how old are you?
    Only the attracticve ones do they want to have sex with. I stree the women has to be attractive not some dog.

And regarding females think about it , I now you know im right. Its perfectly logical you want a guy who can look after you and your family.

ReputationRep:
    that doesn't bother me. a friend to me is someone i like and enjoy spending time with and can talk to and listen to. if i can do with that with a guy that has the desire to make love to me everytime i am with him, again as you put it, then all's good.
    Then you are not friends in its truest sense, he still has feelings for you as i put it so eloquetnly in the previous post

ReputationRep:
    no we are friends in it's truest sense. and good friends at that. and i want to be able to look after myself. i don't need a guy rich enough to look after me. thankyou

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grace)
    and i bet you've wanted to try it on with each and every one of them at some point. Go on, admit it.
    I agree, I think that I have some element of attraction with all my female friends. I suppose it is possible for there to be no spark, but how do you know its a friendly attraction rather than something more? There isnt a guy here who cant say that they havent ever considered their female friends as somehing more than that.

ReputationRep:
    Then you are not friends in its truest sense, he still has feelings for you as i put it so eloquetnly in the previous post
    how about 'brotherly love' and things of the sort...
    Like I said, I pratically grew up with my best friend, we're like brother and sister, he is my best friend, he's attractive but I have no sudden desires to jump him while we talk... I know that he sees me like a sister (he's said that on various occasions)

ReputationRep:
    Oh whatever. Can you not see that most people totally disagree with you? Including men? I bet you are still young and have a lot to learn about relationships.
    Grace,Dude and Makaveli seem to agree with me. If you look back in the threads their are many others also. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Grace,Dude and Makaveli seem to agree with me. If you look back in the threads their are many others also. :cool:
    Yes but MOST people disagree. Maybe those who disagree are young and naive and don't realise men and women don't always want to jump into bed with each other.

ReputationRep:
    Yes but MOST people disagree. Maybe those who disagree are young and naive and don't realise men and women don't always want to jump into bed with each other.
    i disagree... im talking bout proper mates not the ones who u only speek to every so often... ur proper friends theres always something there or something will always develop

ReputationRep:
    no we are friends in it's truest sense. and good friends at that. and i want to be able to look after myself. i don't need a guy rich enough to look after me. thankyou
    You don't believe that do you. the guy has be someone with a bit of dough, if you are telling the truth then so be it but I highly doubt it.

Again you may not want to jump him but if you are ATTRACTIVE then he would feel differently.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by giantf)
    I agree, I think that I have some element of attraction with all my female friends. I suppose it is possible for there to be no spark, but how do you know its a friendly attraction rather than something more? There isnt a guy here who cant say that they havent ever considered their female friends as somehing more than that.
    What about the brother and sister arguement. Your sister can be your best friend?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Natalie Lane)
    Like I said, I pratically grew up with my best friend, we're like brother and sister, he is my best friend, he's attractive but I have no sudden desires to jump him while we talk... I know that he sees me like a sister (he's said that on various occasions)
    Im talking from a male perspective not female you may not have sexual feelings but if he finds you attractive then he would.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Natalie Lane)
    I can totally relate to you on this.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 12, 2005
Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.