The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

EDINBURGH or DURHAM: which would you choose for CS?

I went to their offer holder days and I'm so confused. I'm leaning toward Edinburgh as I feel like I prefer the larger city and Durham felt like a boarding school. But, Edinburgh's course is 4 years for a bachelors in informatics which is another year of fees.

IM SO STUCK HELP PLS
Both are great unis for CS! The experience you get out of Durham definitely differs depending on what college you go to, I definitely understand some give the vibe of boarding school.
I'd say don't sacrifice social life completely. If you feel that you'd want to live in a larger city where there's more social stuff, then go for it. Durham being a smaller city definitely restricts how much you can do socially but it is still good academically.
If you're worried about affording university, building 3 years of fees is a lot already and an extra year also means an extra year of rent, food etc. However, if you're taking out student loan, 3 and 4 years of debt really isn't much difference because of the extortionate interest rate they have on loans now.
Definitely have a look at what financial support both unis offer and this might help with your decision eg bursary/grants and scholarships.
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending